Click your avatar to access saved jobs and applications
This is a hands-on position that works closely with the Executive Chef, Sous Chef, and Food and Beverage Manager. This individual must be passionate about food and a team player.
· Support the Executive Chef including training of staff, maintaining and initializing techniques and systems to improve day to day operations.
· Must be a proven leader backed by experience.
· Must have high volume high end ala carte and banquet experience.
· Able to build new systems for the kitchen team to be held accountable.
· Must be willing to develop students as well as experienced cooks with innovative ideas and techniques.
· Must be creative. The Exec. Sous Chef will have strong creative input on ala carte menus.
· Help with ordering and inventory controls.
· Must be flexible to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
· Must be able to work 12 hours on your feet.
· Must be able lift 50 pounds 2-3 times a day.
· Strong work ethic, Approachable and Personable, Culinary Integrity, and Team Player are all required.
· GED/Highschool Diploma
· Culinary Degree or Relevant Experience
· Minimum 5 years of culinary experience; Minimum 2 years of experience as a culinary manager/supervisor
· Serve Safe Manager Sanitation License
This position reports directly to the Executive Chef. He/she will be partnered with another sous chef. This sous chef focuses on banquets while the Executive Sous Chef focuses on ala carte as well as oversees the entire operation. The position leads a team of 3-5 cooks. The Executive Sous Chef will be expected to work a station if necessary but will not be required normally day to day.
Significant PTO during the 1st quarter of the year, 401K with employer match, Health/Dental/Vision Insurance offered