The Sommelier maintains the highest standard of wine service and hospitality in a fine dining environment. Ensures the constant improvement of the wine program, maintains an impeccable and organized wine cellar, trains front of house staff, and takes responsibility for wine cost control and program profitability. Works the floor, and schedules any administrative duties so as not to interfere with service.
• Functions as an integral part of the front of house management team, assuming necessary managerial tasks for restaurant operations such as opening and closing duties.
• Recommends and sells wines and other beverages to guests.
• Meets target revenue per guest and monthly wine revenues.
• Maintains and updates wine list, and ensure that wines of a critical age are sold.
• Interacts with guests to ensure their satisfaction and enjoyment of the dining experience. React to any guest complaints and take appropriate actions.
• Maintains standards of wine list and wine service as would be expected in a Michelin/AAA/Zagat rated restaurant, and seek to establish the wine program as one of the best in the city.
• Promotes the restaurant and the wine program through national recognition and distinction.
• Continues education and training toward passing the advanced exam with the Court of Master Sommeliers
• Acquires deep knowledge of Italian wines from every region
• In conjunction with Corporate Wine Director, develops and conducts wine education and training for dining room staff
• Conducts monthly stock control and inventory. Continuously updates stock forms and inventory system on BinWise.
• Maintains the immaculate appearance and order of the wine cellar. Maintains pars.
• Manages and monitors the budget and operations of the wine program.
• Monitor stealing and loss of wine and liquor
Eligible for company health plan after 60 days; hourly rate plus tip percentage
Part of Fabio Trabocchi Restaurants
Chef Fabio Trabocchi’s casual and convivial osteria, Casa Luca, celebrates family heritage, honoring the cuisine of his upbringing in the Marche region of Italy and the transmission of culinary traditions through the generations.
The menu features authentic Marche recipes that not only brought Trabocchi and his father together, but dishes that he now enjoys sharing and preparing with his 9-year-old son, Luca.
Fabio Trabocchi Restaurants is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Fabio Trabocchi restaurants does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under state or local law.