RAMEN SAN is hiring SERVERS for our DINING ROOM team!
- 1-2 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
- FULL-TIME POSITIONS AVAILABLE
- Shifts: Lunch, Dinner, Weekends, Sundays, Late Night
Japanese Noodle Den: A lively neighborhood restaurant reminiscent of traditional ramen shops in Japan.
Servers are responsible for exceeding guests' expectations by providing efficient, friendly guest service. Teamwork, enthusiasm, a high energy level, food and wine knowledge and ability to multi-task are necessary for success in this position. EOE. E-Verify.
Caring. Creative. Careers.
Join the Lettuce Entertain You family! Our 100+ restaurants are nationally recognized for great food and service and as great places to work. We hire and care deeply for people with creativity, passion and the drive to be the best. And we reward our teams with top notch benefits, career-long training and development and opportunities for growth.
Is this you?
- You take care of yourself. (Energy and stamina. You'll need both.)
- You care for others. (Teamwork and success. They are one and the same.)
- You care about guests. (Quality. The bar is high.)
If you want a career at a progressive company with a long-standing commitment to people, join our caring and creative team.
• Be able to work a variety of hours, days and shifts, including weekends • Get along with others and be a team player • Be genuinely committed to ensuring that the overall guest experience exceeds expectations, including greeting guests with a warm, sincere smile and anticipating guest needs • Use tact and good judgment when dealing with guest challenges, responding to their needs with patience and courtesy • Follow all steps of service • Understand and respond knowledgeably to questions about the restaurant and menu • Use sales techniques and present and encourage current promotions to guests • Accurately record and account for all items ordered, process payment from guests, and account for and balance all sales and receipts at the end of the shift in compliance with restaurant policies and procedures • Understand and follow the food allergy procedure and special orders/restrictions • Comply with all safety and sanitation (including handwashing) guidelines and procedures • Be proficient in the use and operation of all necessary tools and equipment, including the Point of Sale system, Frequent Diner and Gift Certificate terminals, credit card terminals, and coffee/tea and cappuccino machines • Successfully complete alcohol awareness training • Follow all rules, policies, procedures and conditions of employment, including those outlined in the Employee Handbook • Other duties will be assigned as needed
• Effectively service a 3 - 6 table station • Safely and effectively transport food to a table of three in a single trip, and beverages to a table of three in a single trip • Communicate in English in order to comprehend and perform/follow job requirements in written and spoken direction • Perform more than one task at a time, calmly and effectively in an extremely busy and stressful work environment • Work in a confined, crowded space of variable noise and temperature levels • Lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds • Safely and effectively use all necessary tools and equipment • Stand and walk for an entire shift, including moving safely through all areas of the restaurant, which may include stairs, uneven and slick surfaces • Accessibility varies by location
We offer benefits including health and other insurance options to qualified employees, dining discounts, flexible schedules, a supportive company culture and more.
Other jobs you might be interested in
Ramen-san is a lively, neighborhood restaurant and bar in River North reminiscent of traditional ramen shops in Japan. The menu is created by Chef/Partner Doug Psaltis and Executive Chef Marcelo Han. Ramen-san showcases elevated ingredient across seven ramen dishes offered on the menu. These include a traditional tonkotsu pork broth, kimchi and fried chicken ramen - a nod to Chef Han’s Korean heritage, and a vegetarian broth. In addition to the food, mixologist Paul McGee developed a beverage program, that features Japanese whiskey, Asian-inspired cocktails and local and Japanese craft beer with Asahi on draft served through a special draft tower imported from Japan. The space is raw, anchored by exposed brick and reclaimed wood, which makes for an understated, yet inviting ambiance. Ramen-san has a comfortable, approachable space where diners can enjoy noodles in a casual setting for dinner and late night.
EOE. We participate in E-Verify.