BUB CITY is hiring SERVERS for our DINING ROOM team!
- ANY EXPERIENCE IS A PLUS
- FULL TIME POSITIONS AVAILABLE
- Shifts: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Weekends, Sundays
BBQ, Whiskey and the Best of Country Music: Live music, authentic BBQ, genuine hospitality and over 125 whiskeys - right in downtown Chicago.
Servers are responsible for exceeding guests' expectations by providing efficient, friendly guest service. Teamwork, enthusiasm, a high energy level, food and wine knowledge and ability to multi-task are necessary for success in this position. EOE. E-Verify.
Caring. Creative. Careers.
Join the Lettuce Entertain You family! Our 100+ restaurants are nationally recognized for great food and service and as great places to work. We hire and care deeply for people with creativity, passion and the drive to be the best. And we reward our teams with top notch benefits, career-long training and development and opportunities for growth.
Is this you?
- You take care of yourself. (Energy and stamina. You'll need both.)
- You care for others. (Teamwork and success. They are one and the same.)
- You care about guests. (Quality. The bar is high.)
If you want a career at a progressive company with a long-standing commitment to people, join our caring and creative team.
- Be able to work a variety of hours, days and shifts, including weekends
- Get along with others and be a team player
- Be genuinely committed to ensuring that the overall guest experience exceeds expectations, including greeting guests with a warm, sincere smile and anticipating guest needs
- Use tact and good judgment when dealing with guest challenges, responding to their needs with patience and courtesy
- Follow all steps of service
- Understand and respond knowledgeably to questions about the restaurant and menu
- Use sales techniques and present and encourage current promotions to guests
- Accurately record and account for all items ordered, process payment from guests, and account for and balance all sales and receipts at the end of the shift in compliance with restaurant policies and procedures
- Understand and follow the food allergy procedure and special orders/restrictions
- Comply with all safety and sanitation (including handwashing) guidelines and procedures
- Be proficient in the use and operation of all necessary tools and equipment, including the Point of Sale system, Frequent Diner and Gift Certificate terminals, credit card terminals, and coffee/tea and cappuccino machines
- Successfully complete alcohol awareness training
- Follow all rules, policies, procedures and conditions of employment, including those outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Other duties will be assigned as needed
- Effectively service a 3 – 6 table station
- Safely and effectively transport food to a table of three in a single trip, and beverages to a table of three in a single trip
- Communicate in English in order to comprehend and perform/follow job requirements in written and spoken direction
- Perform more than one task at a time, calmly and effectively in an extremely busy and stressful work environment
- Work in a confined, crowded space of variable noise and temperature levels
- Lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Safely and effectively use all necessary tools and equipment
- Stand and walk for an entire shift, including moving safely through all areas of the restaurant, which may include stairs, uneven and slick surfaces
- Accessibility varies by location
We offer benefits including health and other insurance options to qualified employees, dining discounts, flexible schedules, a supportive company culture and more.
Other jobs you might be interested in
Bar / Lounge, Casual Dining
Bub City: BBQ, Beer, Bourbon and the Best of Country Music
RJ, Jerrod and Molly Melman, in conjunction with Chef/Partner Doug Psaltis, have created their own destination for country music lovers to enjoy a cocktail, grab American-style food and have some fun.
With a nod to its roots as one of the city’s most beloved spots in the early 90’s, Psaltis created Bub City's new menu with a focus on authentic barbecue. Signature items include 18 hour Beef Brisket, Burnt Ends, Baby Back Ribs, Carolina Style Pulled Pork and Fried Chicken. Large groups can enjoy the “Whole Pork Picnic” featuring Slow-Smoked Pork Shoulder served with four sides.
Guests can enjoy starters such as “Giddy Up Fries,” Truckstop Cheese and Crakers, TNT Taquitos, Famous Fried Pickles, as well as variety of sandwiches. Southern-inspired side dishes such as: Sweet Potato Fluff, Buffalo Tots, Corn Off The Cob and three takes on Mac and Cheese round out the menu.
The weekend brings an impressive selection of brunch BBQ staples including Biscuits and Gravy, Beef Brisket Benedict, and Fried Chicken & Waffles, as well as a bevy of Hash Browns, and Cinnamon Sticky Buns. An extensive Bloody Mary bar is the perfect complement to any meal.
Bub City boasts a bar offering more than 125 selections from well-known and independent distilleries throughout the country.
With Joe’s on Weed Street partners Ed Warm and Tom DeSanto in the mix, there is more to enjoy than just great food and drink. Guests can expect to see some of country music’s emerging talent featured on the venue’s 16-foot stage positioned at the center of the 4,500-square-foot space. The duo behind the city’s most popular country destination is already planning for some of country music’s biggest stars to stop by while on tour.
EOE. We participate in E-Verify.