Petrossian was founded in Paris in 1920 and is an internationally known luxury brand with an emphasis on Caviar, Smoked Fish and French delicacies. We are currently seeking a passionate and hardworking individual to join our kitchen management team at our West Hollywood location. In this role, you will have an opportunity to work with a dynamic and creative team where your professional development and growth is encouraged. You must be committed and have a passion for a career in the fine dining industry.
The Executive Sous Chef will be responsible for the supervision of kitchen staff in absence of the Executive Chef and creating and fostering a sanitary, productive and positive team oriented work environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Assume responsibilities of the kitchen in absence of the Executive Chef.
• Work with Restaurant Manager and front of the house staff to ensure positive guest experience.
• Ensure quality food product and presentations.
• Teach and develop staff while serving a consistent product with pride.
• Maintain food cost, labor cost and expenses within budget guidelines.
• Meets attendance guidelines and adheres to Company policies.
• Must be able to cook and create new, innovative and imaginative recipes.
• Must be able to react quickly and resolve problems.
• Support and foster loyalty and conduct business in a professional manner at all times.
• Work requires effective communication in English, both verbal and written form in a professional manner.
• Work requires a minimum of a two year Culinary Arts School, or equivalent technical training in the food industry.
• Minimum of two years’ experience as a Supervisor or Chef in fine dining
• Must present a neat and professional appearance.
• Bilingual abilities a strong plus
• Work requires flexibility to work various shifts.
• Food Safety Employee Training required
• Food Handler’s Card
• 3 Year experience as a supervisor
You will be working closely with the Executive Chef and General Manager in managing BOH team through hiring, coaching/counseling, training, scheduling, and promotions. This position reports directly to the Executive Chef.
Key Competencies must include:
- Be able to consistently coach, motivate and maintain a positive staff
- Have an understanding of basic P & L to work within the management team to control costs
- Progressive work history that exhibits an appreciation and passion for fine food and wine
Bonus, health insurance, paid vacation
Advanced Knife Handling
Enforcement Of Safety / Sanitation Standards
Food Cost Optimization
Food Handlers Certificate
Other jobs you might be interested in
Fine Dining, Food Purveyor