• Work with the executive chef to produce diversified menus in accordance with the restaurant’s policy and vision;
• Establish the working schedule and organize the work in the kitchen so that everything works like a “well-oiled machinery”;
• Produce high quality dishes that follow up the established menu and level up to location’s standards, as well as to clients’ requirements;
• Plan the food design in order to create a perfect match between the dish’s aspect and its taste;
• Discover talented chefs and train them in order to reach the high standards of the location;
• Train the auxiliary kitchen staff in order to provide best results in minimum time and using at the maximum the available resources;
• Maintain order and discipline in the kitchen during working hours;
• Developing a cross-marketing strategy in order to increase profit
• Make sure the hygiene and food safety standards are met in all stages of food preparation, starting with the ingredients and ending with the finished dish which leaves the kitchen door;
• Make sure that the professional equipment is in good conditions and signal any malfunction before it affects the staff or the clients.
• Ability to successfully manage time, resources and finances.
• Ability to adjust discourse in accordance with target audience: ie: GREAT communication.
• Ability to understand what people are asking, and providing insight without attitude. Helping to positively problem solve, and offerign solutions and support where necessary.
• Must be able to train subordinate chefs and the kitchen staff. Have teaching strategies that convey information clearly and in an accessible manner.
• Ability to analyse and observe progress of teammembers, interworkings of the kitchen, and overall restaurant success.
The sous chef job is very rewarding, but it also requires a lot of passion, devotion and perseverance. Personal behavior is very important in the work place. We also require attention to detail, initiative, flexibility, patience, good stress tolerence, leadership qualities, and the ability to work well with a team. If you have these attributes, please - we look forward to hiring you!
Advanced Knife Handling
Enforcement Of Safety / Sanitation Standards
Food Cost Optimization
Food Handlers Certificate
Food Safety Knowledge