Gibsons Restaurant Group is hiring talented Sous Chef's for multiple Chicago locations!!
Candidates must posses the following qualities:
- 3+ years of fine dining/upscale culinary management experience in a full-service, high-volume restaurant
- Strong production skills maintaining a successful, established menu
- Strong cooking skills
- Hands-on, motivational leadership style with hourly team based on mutual respect
- Ability to multi-task
We offer a competitive salary, medical, dental insurance, and life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance and vacation. We have excellent growth opportunity, a fun work environment and an opportunity to learn from the best!
The Sous Chef oversees and coordinates daily activities and operations of cooks and other employees engaged in preparing and cooking food products; maintains the quality, presentation, professional attitude, and sanitation of the kitchen.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Train and develop kitchen staff; train cooks/kitchen staff in the importance of consistency in preparation and presentation.
• Ensure that level of quality, portion control, and plate presentation is adhered to consistently.
• Monitor and maintain line plating and quality.
• Prepare a variety of cuisine utilizing skill and creativity.
• Coordinate with wait staff to ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded.
• Assist with inventory management, maintaining information in computer databases and other standardized reports as needed.
• Maintain a clean, organized, and safe kitchen; ensure all sanitation procedures are being followed; ensure adherence to all health and safety regulations and procedures.
• Assist chef/executive chef as needed.
• Skillfully utilizes hand tools or machines required, reads recipes, measures, cuts, and otherwise works on materials with great precision.
• Establish procedures, prepares and coordinates schedules, and expedites workflow.
• Assist with hiring, training, motivating, disciplining and rewarding kitchen staff.
• Ensure all necessary reports and forms are completed daily.
• Possess and maintain through understanding of industry and stays abreast of industry trends; communicate/incorporate information to assure kitchen remains current.
• May perform other duties as assigned.
We are an E-verify employer.