Position Summary Front-end supervisor that directs and oversees all activities at Big Star in accordance with standardized policies in order to provide efficient, friendly services and profitable operations. Additionally, enhanced focus and dedication to the details of all FOH service and training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assists managers with staffing responsibilities for host, servers, server assistants, bartenders, barbacks, food runners, etc.
- Focus specifically on the steps of service throughout both lunch and dinner services:
- Implement training programs and oversee training for all hosts, new servers, server assistants and food runners
- Oversee organization, efficiency and policies pertaining to service in the dining room
- Work closely with General Manager, Beverage Director and other Assistant Managers (and supervisors) for cohesion throughout the beverage program and guest seating/accommodation. Work closely with the Culinary BOH team to ensure there is no division between FOH and BOH.
- Supervises staff in terms of guest service, cleaning, and repairs to restaurant and grounds.
- Enhance and strengthen guest relationships, established and new.
- Promotes cooperative effort, a team spirit, and good morale among employees.
- Delivers excellent guest service including personally greeting and seating guests.
- Work on revising all steps of service, sidework, etc with GM as environment changes.
- Always answers a ringing telephone by the third ring and always using verbiage that follows company standards.
- Resolves complaints from guests in a polite, friendly manner always making sure we follow up with them when needed. Also ensuring that GM knows of these situations when not around.
- Have strong communication with GM, Chefs, beverage coordinator, and kitchen to communicate any issues, concerns, or ideas.
- Performs daily inspections and periodic audits to check safety of equipment. Addresses engineering problems with manager involving the cost, installation, and maintenance of such equipment.
- Make sure the entire space looks, smells, and feels good (lighting, temperature, bathrooms, cleanliness, and seating arrangements).
- Participates in training about standardized policies (fire, hygiene, health, safety, employee handbook, etc.).
- Helps with duties of other employees (i.e. server, food runner, etc.) when necessary because of an unexpected absence or extra volume.
- Responds to guest and community interests to develop marketing and advertising.
- Has a strong understanding of company background and the philosophy.
- To be familiar with the food and beverage items on Big Stars menus.
- To assist General Manager with scheduling whenever needed.
- Responsible for checking out service staff, collecting all necessary payments and closing the restaurant according to Publican Ankers standards.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
Experience in a High Volume Environment
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of One Off Hospitality Group
BIG STAR WRIGLEY, opening spring 2018, is the second location of One Off Hospitality Group's Big Star: a bar and taqueria that pays homage to all-things whiskey, Mexican-inspired street food and honky tonk.
Drawing from the original Big Star location, Big Star Wrigley will feature an eclectic menu inspired by Mexican street food in a space that combines the electric energy of Chicago's north side with the honky-tonk charm of our Wicker Park space. The food, liquor and cocktail programs will change continuously to complement the seasons, and will always feature several beers on tap, as well as an ever-growing selection of our house-selected single barrel bourbons and whiskeys, picked by our own team members at distilleries in Kentucky.