One Off Hospitality is looking for qualified candidates for Lead Bartender at Big Star. The One Off Hospitality Group includes Blackbird, Avec, The Publican, Publican Quality Meats, The Violet Hour, Dove's Luncheonette, and Nico Osteria.
Big Star is a fun, busy taqueria concept located in the heart of bustling Wicker Park. We are looking for a candidate with a capacity for handling high volume and an understanding of genuine hospitality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• The essential functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Always maintain a positive and team-oriented demeanor.
• Guide, teach, motivate team members to follow recipes, bar, service, safety and sanitation standards. Encourage healthy communication throughout the team, follow guidelines set by management, and encourage bar and floor team to act as a unit.
• Communicate effectively and respectfully with all service team members at current location, both front and back of the house. Attend weekly manager and beverage meetings.
• Complete weekly AM inventory prior to orders and coordinate delivery schedule with Beverage Manager and receiver.
• Occasionally receive, stock and organize orders and bundle invoices for Beverage Manager.
• Help execute quarterly bar inventory & deliver completed portion to Beverage Manager.
• As curated by Bar Manager, help with the implementation of new cocktails, event packages, beer and liquor menus, POS edits and communication to team members.
• Help roll out and oversee bar program assets at events, whiskey tastings and other curated packages.
• Help maintain quality and cleanliness standards of Beverage Manager and department. Includes but is not limited to: use checklists and protocols to maintain bar, a universal well and inventory of supplies, as well as a clean and organized bar and storage areas. Communicate any needs and recommendations to Bar Manager. monitor supplies to ensure minimum waste.
• Assist with relaying structure and execution of side work by all bar team members, encouraging healthy communication & organization.
• Conduct as-needed bar and floor training within spirits, beer and cocktail categories. Also help coordinate larger scale continued education opportunities for team members, while working alongside Beverage Manager to facilitate said tastings.
• Bar Lead will help with occasional private classes, teaching drink and agave/bourbon basics to guests.
• Stay educated on industry trends and offerings from other local establishments.
• Resolves complaints from guests in a polite, friendly manner always making sure we follow up with them when needed, while always informing General Manager of issues if not present.
• Have strong communication with Beverage Manager, FOH & BOH Managers and other Supervisors to communicate any issues, concerns, or ideas.
• Participate in training about standardized policies (fire, hygiene, health, safety, employee handbook, etc.) and confers weekly with owner management about restaurant operations.
• Has a strong understanding of company background and the philosophy. • Perform Opening and/or Closing Supervisor duties as needed, with a keen eye to bar health.
• Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
Hourly plus ttips
Basic Floor Service
Food / Beverage Pairing
Food Safety Knowledge
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of One Off Hospitality Group
BIG STAR is a whiskey, tequila, cocktail, and beer-focused venue located in the heart of Wicker Park, Chicago. Executive Chef Paul Kahan and Chef de Cuisine Julie Warpinski have crafted an eclectic menu inspired by Mexican street food in a space reminiscent of a California honky tonk. The food, liquor and cocktail programs change continuously to complement the seasons, and always features six beers on tap, and an ever-growing selection of our house-selected single barrel bourbons and whiskeys, picked by staff members at distilleries in Kentucky.