REPORTS TO: Front of House Management
Position Summary- A Host is responsible for setting the stage for exceptional accommodation and organization for the restaurant through telephone service, greeting, seated and setting the pace for each service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Answering a ringing telephone by the third ring with appropriate verbiage respective to each location.
- To be proficient in all of the specifications of each property—food, beverage, hours of operation, etc.
- Go above and beyond to provide accommodation to guests, albeit through securing reservations or offering other pertinent information of the location.
- Greet all guests with a warm, friendly and professional demeanor.
- Maintain composure and positivity when under pressure.
- Multi-tasking between greeting, seating, assisting guests with any belongings, answering telephones and communicating with managers and service staff about guests when deemed necessary.
- Communicate with managers regarding any special guest requests or dissatisfactory comments in order to have all addressed and rectified immediately.
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of the front door area to ensure the safety and security of all guests and service team members.
- Always maintain a positive, and team-oriented, demeanor.
- Assist in housekeeping tasks when asked and follow direction.
- Adhere to all Company policies, procedures and practices including health & safety, and loss prevention.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- High School Diploma or GED graduate.
- Serve Safe Certification required.
- Ability to handle stress under pressure.
- Ability to provide quality guest service.
- Willingness to maintain a clean, healthy, and safe working environment.
- Ability to learn and use company computer to input data.
- Ability to coordinate multiple activities with attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to climb and descend stairs
The description of the physical demands and the work environment characteristics here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform and those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires employees to work in close quarters with other employees and/or guests which may result in physical, non-sexual contact with other employees and/or guests.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to sit; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Tasting and smelling abilities are required occasionally to distinguish with a degree of accuracy, differences or similarities in intensity or quality of flavors and/or odors.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, airborne particles, and hot liquids. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of One Off Hospitality Group
Publican Anker is an homage to the early 20th century saloons and breweries that once comprised Chicago’s Wicker Park neighborhood. Our mission is to capture the spirit of those timeless establishments and translate it to guests in a way that feels storied and modern all at once.
With a menu focused on light, clean and rustic fare, Anker will serve as the perfect respite from the chaos of North, Milwaukee and Damen; a place where friends, coworkers and loved ones can gather for a quick bite, a special occasion or a full-on dining experience.