The Tournant is responsible for execution of food menu items during service. Exhibits advanced level of culinary technique and well-studied understanding of recipes. Follows direction of chefs to ensure dishes meet Alinea brand standards with the goal of exceeding guest expectations through accuracy and speed. Advanced in fabrication of all ingredients. Must demonstrate ceaseless adherence to sanitation and food standards.
- To fabricate a wide variety of foods in all modern and classical cooking techniques.
- Works any and all stations as assigned by management throughout the kitchen.
- Follows recipes with precision to create high level cuisine for our guests.
- Work with cutlery in a proficient, safe and swift manner.
- Follow proper payroll and uniform procedures.
- Operate kitchen equipment safely and properly in the kitchen.
- Measures and makes recipes as directed by chefs.
- Maintains the work area throughout preparation pre-service time and throughout service.
- Maintains storage areas and vessels with care and thorough attention to detail.
- Works effectively with fellow staff members.
- Stores ingredients, bottles, glassware, and service pieces precisely.
- Adheres to safety and emergency procedures to protect staff, guests, and property.
- Monitors bottle and ingredient levels regularly and communicates ordering needs to management.
- Prepare and present on a timely basis all foods for meal service.
- Culinary School Certificate or equivalent experience
- Two year degree or Apprenticeship
- Up to Date Sanitation Classes
- Minimum of one year in fine dining food preparation
- Possess a good written and verbal command of the English Language.
- Possess a pleasant and outgoing personality
- Expert knowledge of kitchen equipment
- Working knowledge of mathematics for recipes, and ordering
- Ability to dictate responsibility, pay attention to detail, handle multiple tasks and show a high level of patience
Medical, dental, vision, life. PTO. Dining discounts
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of The Alinea Group
Alinea was founded in 2005 by Chef Grant Achatz and Nick Kokonas.
Featuring a single, seasonally driven tasting menu of between 18 and 22 courses, the experience of dining at Alinea is not only delicious, but also fun, emotional, and provocative.
Alinea has been universally praised for its innovative approach to modernist cuisine. It has three times been named the Best Restaurant in America and is the only restaurant in Chicago, and one of only 12 in the U.S., to earn the coveted Michelin 3-Star rating. It has also won the James Beard Award for Best Service in the United States.