The Director of Fine Casual oversees the day-to-day operations and opening of new Fine Casual locations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for successful and timely opening of all new Fine Casual locations including but not limited to:
- Sourcing items
- Involvement in design of collateral of materials
- Ability to market or make marketing suggestions
- Make necessary business suggestions as a seasoned member of SC Management
- Participates in research and development for new opportunities and locations.
- Manages restaurant team including all Managers and hourly staff.
- Ensures standards for product quality and service are maintained at all times.
- Hires, trains, develops and appraises staff effectively. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Consults with human resources as appropriate.
- Makes recommendations to Director of Operations and CEO on changes, additions and developing additional ideas for increased profitability.
- Develops new hire training programs and schedules to ensure new staff is prepared before going live.
- Keeps up-to-date on information, vendors and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
- Responsible for maintaining food and labor cost goals.
- Responsible for developing relationships with vendors, ensuring Schulson Collective maximizes profits and opportunities.
- Work with Executive Chef with regards to menu recommendations, participate in tastings and stay abreast of industry trends.
- Monitors timekeeping by monitoring store managers, scheduling and Payroll and submits for employee payment.
- Submits or ensures submission of nightly reports on service, sales, labor, negative impressions, etc.
- Ensures restaurant is at or above Schulson Collective standards in terms of cleanliness; reports any Facilities repairs as needed.
- Maintains organized employee files to ensure compliance.
- May be assigned to different restaurants per company needs.
This position is directly responsible for leading all Managers and hourly staff within assigned location(s.)
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee will spend over 4 hours daily standing or walking.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) Restaurant Management, Hospitality Management or related field preferred.
- 7 or more years of experience in multi-unit Restaurant Management.
- Knowledge of industry trends, menu creation, coaching/training and building Restaurant Management teams.
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Office products, Avero and other restaurant management software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work flexible hours and days. Must exhibit top-notch teamwork.
Bonus, paid time off, benefits
Food Safety Knowledge
Hospitality / Management Degree
Part of Schulson Collective
Michael Schulson is the chef and restaurateur behind the Schulson Collective of restaurants whose imagination and vision have made him one of Philadelphia’s most successful hospitality professionals.
Today, Schulson is the owner of day-to-night destination Double Knot; the expansive Independence Beer Garden; Sampan and the adjacent Graffiti Bar; and serves as chef-partner at Izakaya at Borgata Hotel, Casino & Spa in Atlantic City, N.J. Schulson recently opened new-American spot Harp & Crown in Philadelphia’s Rittenhouse Square. Later this fall, Schulson will open contemporary izakaya Monkitail in Hollywood, Florida. Today, Michael teams with his wife, Nina, in their efforts to expand the Schulson collective.
Most recently, Schulson’s Harp & Crown was recently named one of the "most beautiful restaurants of 2016" by Eater National. Double Knot has also received numerous accolades including “three bells” from The Philadelphia Inquirer, three stars and the title of “2016 Best New Restaurant” from Philadelphia magazine and was named one of the “15 biggest restaurant openings of 2016” by Zagat.