HEYDAY seeks new leadership and energy to oversee two highly functioning kitchens for its established and beloved SOMA/FiDi casual restaurants. Operating Monday – Friday, breakfast and lunch only.
HEYDAY was a hit from Day 1, and as we enter a new stage we are looking for new leadership for our outstanding kitchen teams. HEYDAY serves chef-driven, from-scratch dishes (artful sandwiches, beautifully composed salads and elevated soups) to breakfast and lunch crowds using top quality ingredients. We’re seeking a talented kitchen professional that wants to grow and prosper along with us.
Why work with us?
Your talent will shine – Collaborate with us to design a dynamic, seasonal experience and take ownership of the menu.
You can have a life – Work consistent weekdays hours (roughly 7:00am – 3:30pm). Keep holidays and weekends for yourself.
We share your values – Use top quality ingredients in LEED certified environments committed to sustainable business practices.
You’ll have room to grow – As we grow our company, your role and responsibility will grow with us. Be part of the revolution for healthier, better and more delicious eating.
You are: energetic, dependable, positive, collaborative, ambitious, creative, smart and organized.
More About You:
- Passion for Northern California produce and cooking.
- At least five years professional cooking experience in high volume environments.
- Experience with prepared foods; lunch concepts and/or catering is beneficial.
- At least three years experience in a management role.
- Spanish language skills a big plus.
- Oversee two kitchens creating amazingly delicious food.
- Innovate new dishes and techniques.
- Mentor and develop kitchen staff.
- Collaborate as a full member of the management team.
- Manage your team, weekly budgets and operations.
- Manage labor, production and product exchange between two locations.
- Maintain impeccable standards of cleanliness and sanitation.
- Minimize waste and ensure profitability.
- Highly competitive salary based on experience with bonus opportunities.
- Group Health Insurance
- 15 paid holidays in 2018 plus 80 hours of paid time off accrued per year.
- Convenient commute a block from the Montgomery BART/MUNI station.
HEYDAY is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected class under federal, state or local law.
Standing and walking for up to four hours at a time; lifting/carrying loads up to 40lbs unassisted; use of machinery including, but not limited to, ovens, ranges, mixers, grinders and computers.
This is somebody’s dream job. Is it yours
Opportunities for Bonus Plan
Advanced Knife Handling
Culinary Menu / Recipe Development
Enforcement Of Safety / Sanitation Standards
Food Cost Optimization
Other jobs you might be interested in
Casual Dining, Bakery / Patisserie, Quick Service, Fast Casual, Restaurant Group, Cafe
AT HEYDAY, OUR MISSION IS TO MAKE EATING HEALTHY AND DELICIOUS FOOD EASY, WHILE SUPPORTING OUR COMMUNITY AND RESPECTING THE EARTH.
100% organic produce, whole grains and vital proteins.
Supremely fresh, creative dishes made from scratch daily.
A wholesome, balanced menu that's ready to go when you are.