The Restaurant’s Culinary Garden specializes in unique and highly specialized crops. Practicing organic and sustainable methods of cultivation, the gardeners focus on consistent and immaculate attention to detail within all areas of the garden to grow healthy produce for The Restaurant’s exquisite and creative culinary dishes. The gardener position offers experiential and hands-on learning that highlights the inner workings of an exclusive farm to restaurant relationship.
• Assist in all regular garden tasks including harvest, greenhouse work and work in the field
• Garden construction, compost maintenance and irrigation maintenance
• Adhere to highly-detailed standards
• Become familiar with different crop varieties, maintain awareness of changing crop locations
• Carry out important, time-sensitive harvests with great speed and accuracy
• Monitor and report on conditions of crops, equipment, and overall appearance of garden
• Assist in general upkeep of garden tools and machinery
Additionally, gardeners will be challenged to think critically towards maximizing garden efficiency, be perceptive to the daily changing status of our field and greenhouse crops, and become an integrated, independently motivated member of the garden team.
• Speak fluent English, have a driver’s license and be able to lift at least 50lbs.
• Perform long hours of physically demanding tasks in all weather conditions
• Have excellent attention to detail, especially in meticulous adherence to written and verbal directions
• Interact and communicate well with garden and kitchen staff
Part of Chef Christopher Kostow
Ours is a modern American restaurant meant to speak to and positively impact the Napa Valley community while delivering a singular dining experience for every guest. What excites us most is the concept of curation: the forging of relationships with artisans, growers, foragers and other members of this dynamic community. We hope that their stories can meld with ours; that we can be caretakers of this collective vision-sharing it with our guests in a manner at once personal and celebratory.