Rappahanock Oyster Bar is looking for a seasoned GM!
Who we are:
Named 2014’s Best new restaurant by Esquire Magazine, we are a family operated seafood restaurant that features oysters and clams from our own farms on the Chesapeake as well as an emphasis on utilizing local ingredients. Our motto is, “Good Food Grown Well.” Rappahanock is our take on farm-to-table with an unmatched menu in its freshness and originality. We feature selected craft beers & wines, signature cocktails and an enormous raw bar focusing on our very own oyster farms.
What we’re looking for:
We are seeking an experienced & passionate Restaurant Manager to run our successful restaurant and bar in Richmond, VA. The candidate would be in charge of all aspects of running a restaurant’s day to day operations. Candidate should believe that the guest experience is paramount and love locally sourced, sustainable and delicious food!
- Advanced understanding of restaurant operations with minimum 3 years leadership experience
- Ability to communicate with staff to resolve all restaurant related issues
- Proficiency with common computer programs (ie: Word, Excel, etc), email and with restaurant POS systems
- Experienced and thorough understanding of accounting and budgeting processes, including materials, direct and indirect labor, and overheads.
- Strong financial acumen
- Serve Safe Certified (Manager)
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees and guests
- Highly organized with great attention to detail
- Must have the stamina to work 50 to 60 hours per week
Daily Responsibilities include:
- Ensure operational excellence, manage day-to-day business & execute highest level of guest service.
- drive sales and manage costs to increase profitability.
- Execute training plans for new hire and ongoing development.
- Assist in development of kitchen processes and training plan.
- Assist in development of front of house systems and standard operating procedures.
- Drive our service standards through amazing guest experiences and interactions
- Oversee maintenance plan
- Supervise quality control of dishes being presented, wine being served, and service being provided. As well as managing compliance with all restaurant health and safety codes.
- Manage, coach and develop teams for success.
- Strong knowledge of operations including food, beverages, staff supervision, food safety,
service techniques, and guest interaction
- Maintain high level of communication standards with leadership, staff, and guests.
- Work closely with the CEO and owners to continuously improve operations
We offer a competitive annual salary based on your experience and contribution to the project. We also offer bonus potential, vacation and contribute to health insurance. Please attach your resume / CV along with cover letter.
Bonus, Paid Vacation, Health Care Contribution
Ability To Lift 40+ Lbs
Basic Floor Service
Classic Wine Service Expertise
Classic Wine Service Knowledge
Craft Cocktail knowledge
Other jobs you might be interested in
Restaurant Group, Upscale Casual, Bar / Lounge, Casual Dining