The Mina Group is looking for a strong leader who is excited by the challenges of organizing and building systems, help create delicious food and will be thrilled to be a part of a growing team, focused on achievement and constant evolution. The Executive Sous Chef will help build and maintain a strong and unique company culture, motivate their team, and serve as a mentor to junior level staff members.
About the role:
Executive Sous Chef will be responsible for successfully managing back-of-house operations on a daily basis, to ensure consistently high levels of quality, service, sanitation, and guest satisfaction.
Overall Job Responsibilities:
• Work as a member of the team and assist cooks with the set up and breakdown of stations, so that shift changes happen in a timely matter.
• Ensures that all products are received in correct unit, count and condition. Ensure delivers are performed in accordance to restaurant receiving policies and procedures.
• Responsible for production work to benefit the restaurant: Butchering, Charcuterie, Braises, Stocks and Marinades.
• Fill in where needed on station to ensure that service standards and efficient operations are met.
• Collaborate and attend all scheduled meetings and participate with opinions or ideas pertaining to the agenda.
• Participate in ordering, menu development and recipe development.
• Take ownership and responsibility for end of month inventory.
If you are as committed to excellence as we are, you will find that we can offer career advantages that are among the very best!
Competitive Compensation Package + Growth Opportunities
Advanced Knife Handling
Food Handlers Certificate
Food Safety Knowledge
On-site Special Events
Ordering / Receiving
Other jobs you might be interested in
Upscale Casual, Fine Dining
Part of MINA GROUP
Named restaurant of the year by Esquire Magazine in 2011, MICHAEL MINA is the crowning jewel that captures the core of Michael's philosophy: The art of seasoning to bring out the best in food… balance in every dish. Sour, sweet, spicy and rich flavors are combined to create Michael's interpretations of American classics like his signature Lobster Pot Pie or Ahi Tuna Tartare. San Francisco's legendary Executive Chef Ron Siegel's cuisine draws on Japanese and French influences, showcasing the best in quality and seasonal ingredients.
The a la carte menu includes Kona Kampachi Sashimi, King Crab Tortelloni, Black Angus Prime Rib Eye, and Bolinas Black Cod. To complete the meal, select the dessert service, highlighted by our Campfire S'mores or Balsamic Crisp with White Chocolate.