A Line Cook at Angelo’s Wine Bar will be responsible for maintaining the excellent quality, service standards and customer experience implicit in Angelo’s Wine Bar product offerings and to maintain the atmosphere and environment necessary to produce this amazing experience.
Responsible for preparing all mise en-place for station and working service. Line Cooks will work alongside the Executive Chef and Sous Chefs’ and will be exposed to a variety cooking techniques and ingredients.
- Responsible for following the recipes, methods of food preparation, plating, and in some cases service of all menu items per Angelo’s Wine Bar standards.
• Performs additional tasks as requested by the Chef or Sous Chef.
• Handles food products in a thoughtful manner, generating minimal waste.
• Set up and close out each work stations based on parameters established by the Executive Chef.
• Operate a specific station with others or individually per Chef request.
• Perform maintenance and cleaning of the kitchen equipment as needed.
• Clean the equipment and your entire work station at the end of your shift.
• Perform other specific tasks related to the line cook position as requested by the Executive Chef.
• Maintain inventory and production records.
• Attends all staff meeting requested by the chefs.
• Conforms to Department of Health requirements to run an A-level kitchen.
• Prepare all potentially hazardous foods at the correct temperature per HACCP guidelines.
• Ensure food is stored and kept at proper holding temperature through the use and control reading of thermometers to ensure Chicago Health Department standards.
• The job description isn’t meant to be complete list of your qualifications or all the things you’ll do.
The job description isn’t meant to be complete list of your qualifications or all the things you’ll do.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
• Culinary Certificate Preferred
• Food Handlers Safety Certificate Preferred
• Ability to read, speak and interpret documents in clear English.
• Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
• Must to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 30 pounds.
• Must be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 10 hours).
Angelo’s –is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Invest Hospitality, LLC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. Women chefs encouraged to apply.
Other jobs you might be interested in