Union Sushi + Barbeque Bar is looking for an experienced line cook to join our team. All applicants must have previous experience in a high volume restaurant and willing to work in a team-oriented environment.
• Set up and stock stations with all necessary supplies
• Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
• Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
• Answer, report and follow executive or sous chef’s instructions
• Clean up station and take care of leftover food
• Stock inventory appropriately
• Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
• Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
• Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
TBD based on experience
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Union Hospitality Group
Union Sushi + Barbeque Bar is a bustling neighborhood restaurant located in Chicago's popular River North neighborhood. Union combines the tempered art of Japanese dining with a fresh, colorful and urban vibe. Embracing an American warmth and personality, this playful juxtaposition reveals a restaurant that is welcoming, accommodating and stylish. A true riff on what is expected or traditional - East or West.
Union ups the ante on Japanese dining with its high-energy beat, creativity and playful approach to Japanese-influenced cuisine. The menu boasts a variety of flavorful offerings from the Kitchen, Sushi Bar and signature Barbeque Bar showcasing the 600° Robata Grill. The beverage program offers a varied cocktail menu of carefully handcrafted and inventive cocktails. A thorough sake collection is available as well as extensive craft beers, liquors and a spirited wine list.