Cafe con Leche is looking for friendly servers to help create a memorable dinning expereince for our guests. We are looking for people who can work evening shifts and have weekend availability.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Welcome and greet guests.
- Make recommendations you genuinely feel your guests will enjoy.
- Answer questions about our food, beverages and other restaurant functions and services.
- Take food and beverage orders from guests, enter orders in our point-of-sale system which relays orders to the kitchen and bar.
- Deliver food and beverages from kitchen and bar to guests in a timely matter.
- Perform side work at the start and end of each shift as required by service station assignment.
- Maintain clean service areas.
- Monitor and observe guests dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Prepare final bill, present check to guest, accept payment, process credit card charges or make change (if applicable).
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow servers as situations arise.
- Be ready and willing to assist busperson with clearing and resetting tables.
- Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively in English.
- Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and operate a point-of sale system.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Be able to safely lift and easily maneuver trays of food frequently weighing up to 20 to 25 pounds
Other jobs you might be interested in