Inspired by our commitment to excellence, the service team at our Company* creates unforgettable memories for our guests. The successful Bartender mixes high-quality beverages, provides prompt and consistent service at guest and service bars, is hospitable and cordial to guests and coworkers, acts safely and responsibly, and is knowledgeable about the vessel and the skyline.
- Provide exceptional hospitality to guests and coworkers as prescribed in Our Service System (OSS)
- Accurately follow recipes for all beverages; must have thorough knowledge of all beverage offerings and prices
- Provide prompt and consistent bar service to guests and servers throughout the cruise
- Set up and break down bar - stock and restock bar according to prescribed par specifications; clean bar thoroughly in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Maintain the cleanliness and safety of the bar and all common areas and service stations; clean glasses, utensils, bar equipment, bar tops, refrigerators, and all other equipment and work areas
- Accurately charge guests for onboard purchases; enter order into the point of sale system, collect payment and return all change
- Provide information to guests including beverage and food menu descriptions, entertainment options, cruise route and points of interest
- Be prepared to begin work at scheduled time
- Maintain uniform and personal grooming in compliance with appearance standards
- Other duties as assigned by the manager or supervisor on duty
The successful Bartender will personally contribute to the unforgettable guest experience, be favorably viewed by supervisors and peers, and be swift and efficient in the execution of their assigned duties. Performance will be measured by evaluation of drink ticket times, guest and mystery shopper satisfaction surveys, departmental tests, and management evaluation.
Job Specifications / qualifications:
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate) required
- At least one (1) year of previous bartending experience required
- Energetic and enthusiastic personality essential
- Must be able to effectively understand and convey written and verbal information to guests and coworkers
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of beverage recipes
- Basic computer skills are required
- Must possess a service orientation – actively looking for ways to help others
- Will work for extended periods of time without sitting
- Required to lift heavy items such as liquor boxes and ice bins up and down stairs
- Responsible for bar till; proper cash handling is required
- Will be required to be available for work on all major holidays
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Per US Coast Guard requirement, must be a US Citizen or a Permanent Resident
Ability To Lift 40+ Lbs
Other jobs you might be interested in
Cruise Line, Entertainment Venue, Event, Event Catering, Special Events Company
Part of Entertainment Cruises
Entertainment Cruises is the nation’s largest dining and sightseeing cruise company with a fleet of 36 ships in cities that include: Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, National Harbor, MD, Norfolk, VA, Philadelphia, New York, Washington, D.C. and Weehawken, NJ.
From the fresh and fun Spirit to the modern and sleek Odyssey and Bateaux, to our Elite Private Yachts and exciting Seadog speedboat rides, Entertainment Cruises offers a wide range of guest experiences. Once onboard, each guest will see the city from a whole new perspective—from the water.
Entertainment Cruises operates more than ten thousand cruises and serves more than 1.9 million guests each year. We are inspired by our commitment to excellence and dedicated to creating unforgettable memories. That’s why every shipmate is focused on delivering exceptional experiences to our guests through Our Service System.
Our maiden voyage was aboard the Spirit of Norfolk in 1978, and cruised along the historic Elizabeth River.
Kenneth Svendsen was named CEO of Entertainment Cruises in January, 2016. Kenneth brings a rich career in hospitality and a relentless focus on the guest experience, further enriching Our Service System to deliver on our commitment to creating unforgettable memories for our guests. For more on our history, please check out our timeline.
Entertainment Cruises is a member of Pritzker Group which owns and operates market leading companies in the manufactured products, services and healthcare sectors. The firm’s history as an entrepreneurial family-owned enterprise and its permanent, proprietary capital base allow Entertainment Cruises the flexibility to invest in serving its customers' needs over the long term. For more information, visit www.pritzkergroup.com.