Step inside a legendary revival at The Watergate Hotel, a luxurious urban resort located along the banks of the Potomac River. Here modern design blends with a storied past to redefine luxury. A place where travel and business are occasions worth celebrating, attention to every detail is the standard, and intrigue can be found just beyond every curve.
The Watergate Hotel is centrally located in Washington, D.C., a city of political power, prestige, and elegance is culturally rich with theaters, museums, architectural splendors and unforgettable national memorials. The Watergate Hotel is situated within walking distance of the best the city has to offer.
Prepare food items in accordance with production requirements and quality standards while maintaining a safe, sanitary work environment.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion standards, per check from servers.
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to over prepare estimated needs.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per company standards, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of stock items or possible shortages. Assist in keeping buffet stocked.
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
- Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems, control food waste, loss and usage per company standards.
- Operate, maintain and properly clean deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron and flat top grill.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Experience and Requirements
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Finger/hand dexterity in order to operate food machinery. Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move goods weighing a maximum of 100 lbs. on a continuous schedule.
Each of the items listed is considered an essential function of the position. However, the duties, responsibilities and requirements presented in this job description are intended to be broad based and high level and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all roles or responsibilities for the position. The Company reserves the right to alter the duties and responsibilities of the position.
It is Company policy to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including by providing reasonable accommodations that do not constitute an undue hardship on the Company. Employees or applicants should direct requests for accommodation to Director of Human Resources.
To Apply: https://www.harri.com/watergate/job/575901-line-cook
Full Time with benefits package