Requirements and Duties
- 5-day work week (including Saturday and/or Sunday), totaling 45~50 hours
- Have or will obtain NYC Department of Health Food Protection Certificate
- Mindful preparation and handling of food
- General cleaning, dishwashing, organization, and maintenance of the space
- Front-of-house restaurant work (greeting guests, presenting our menu/food, taking orders, running food, bussing tables, waitlist, etc.)
Compensation and Benefits (eligibility after 3 months, unless noted otherwise)
- Starting pay of $13/hr, paid weekly
- Health insurance, 50% contribution towards company-sponsored group plan premiums
- Ten (10) days of paid time off annually
- Six (6) paid sick/personal days annually
- MTA monthly pass for commuters
- Individual Retirement Account with 3% company matching contribution (after first year of employment)
We are a hospitality-included restaurant; following the Japanese model, no tips are accepted.
Food Handlers Certificate
Other jobs you might be interested in
We are a small 12-seat Japanese restaurant in Brooklyn, NY practicing mottanai philosophy through our cuisine focused on seasonal and local seafood, vegetables, and craftsmanship.
During the daytime, we offer an ichiju sansai (traditional Japanese breakfast) set meal. The weeknight evening menu is our YUJI Ramen a la carte menu using all the fresh fish heads and bones of the daily breakfast for broth. YUJI Ramen has been pioneering mazemen (brothless ramen) since 2012. Also, each Saturday night, we serve a signature omakase tasting menu.
Chef / Owner