Lincoln Park neighborhood restaurant concept hiring Sous Chef to work directly with Executive Chef. Must have the ambition to grow in this role.
The Sous Chef will assist in managing the line and ensuring the flow of service is efficient and smooth. You will have the opportunity to create and have input on new menu creations. A key responsibility will be mentoring, training and disciplining staff (line cooks, prep cooks, etc.)
- Monitor and ensure that standard kitchen operating procedures are met
- Manage all kitchen employees including training, mentoring, and disciplining
- Support and manage prep for service; ensure all prep items and recipes are made to standard
- Oversee the line during service while monitoring cooks’ progress and flow of service
- Oversee the flow of the kitchen and the flow of food to maintain service standards
- Working with the Executive Chef and Executive team on menu creations, daily specials, and the rollout/execution of new menu items
- Assist in interviewing and selecting kitchen staff
- Assist monitoring the receiving of all product
- Assist in inventory
- Dependable transportaiton to work; flexibility to go between Lincoln Park and Evanston
- Schedule staff; Assist in payroll related responsibility
- Send daily service reports, reservations logs, and hr related processes such as trail paperwork, worker’s comp, and accident reports.
- Manage inventory and costs with the Executive Chef
- Support staffing needs for BOH open positions
Skills & Requirements
- 3+ years of related (high volume) experience and management required
- Experience with back of house administrative and managerial duties a must
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proven ability in teaching and mentoring kitchen employees
- Exceptional communication and supervisory skills
Other jobs you might be interested in
The L3 team was built on the pillars of three words: live, love, local. We live for good food, we love to serve our guests, and we do it all locally in Chicago.
Our team members are the root of our company, bringing our mission of doing good food to life. We strive for your experience to be fun and full, and our team reflects that belief.
Sourcing locally isn’t just for our food – we are currently sourcing motivated, lively, and kind acquaintances to join our team!