Ready to build something big?
We are seeking a “don’t hold me back” consultative sales professional who is in the early stage of his or her sales career development and looking to take that next big step into a boundless environment to maximize their potential.
We want people that are creative and independent – folks who solve problems they haven’t even been asked to solve. At Venga, you’re expected to speak up and be heard, pitch in wherever and whenever needed. We work hard to accomplish great things and play hard to celebrate our success. And in return, you’ll have the most rewarding work experience of your life.
The successful candidate for this role will help us rapidly grow the client base for our Venga Dine Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) offering. You will work closely with our sales and company leadership to win new clients, increase revenues and fuel company growth.
If you are successful in achieving your immediate goals, you will have limitless opportunities to advance your sales career, grow within a highly successful company and help drive the company into new markets (new territories as well as new industries/verticals). You will be an integral part of a dynamic, fluid company of smart, driven professionals – you will be proud to be a part of both our mission and our team.
The individual we’re looking for will identify with the following:
- Your sales approach is grounded in a client-first style, focusing on their needs. The cloud-based services we offer are how we deliver great value, but the resulting impact is what dramatically changes our clients’ lives and businesses for the better. You understand, distinguish and communicate the difference between selling what we do (client impact) versus how we do it (software as a service).
- Fluency with SaaS business models is a must, as you will be selling a cloud-based offering, demonstrating and evangelizing our proprietary software, as well as providing important feedback to our product development team.
- You will have the ability to develop trust and confidence with key decision makers – from Owners/CEOs of restaurant groups to their heads of operations and marketing teams.
- You are self-motivated and have the internal drive to continuously learn and improve your sales skills. You will receive regular guidance and mentoring from seasoned members of the sales team and management, while also seeking to improve your craft through self-study.
- You love working in a startup-like environment. (If you thrive in big corporate environments with lots of pre-defined processes and bureaucracy, keep looking).
- 2-4 years of experience
- As a day-one difference-maker you will have started your sales career, to include working with both warm and cold leads, managing a balanced pipeline and closing new business.
- You thrive when selling through multiple channels (phone, email and remote online demos).
- You have and can demonstrate meticulous, personable and persuasive writing skills
- You have a conversational and engaging phone manner is critical to building trust and establishing credibility with prospects.
- Restaurant Technology or adjacent tech sales experience (POS, reputation management, online reservations, etc.)
- Restaurant or hospitality experience, ideally in a marketing role.
- Knowledge of data-driven digital marketing, including audience segmentation, targeted marketing and email marketing campaigns.
- Familiarity with data analysis tools and pivot tables.
- Experience with using a CRM, Facebook marketing, Google adwords, WordPress
We emphasize culture and look for people that share our values.
- Our Heart is in the Work: We work exclusively with individuals who are passionate about innovation and the company we’re building
- Teamwork Wins Championships: If one of us is has a problem, we all have a problem
- Magic Not Sausage: We jump through hoops to deliver only spectacular experiences for our clients
- Think Like an Owner: Everyone is an owner in this company and is proactive in identifying what needs to be done and taking action
- Run Towards Criticism: We seek constant improvement of ourselves and our products.
Benefits? Yeah we got benefits.
Our office, a newly renovated building in the Union Market District, comes complete with cornhole, ping pong, giant Jenga, and our fridge is stocked with snack and drinks. Every Friday we go out for a company-sponsored lunch at a different DC restaurant. Recently our team has literally climbed walls together, battled it out in spin class, gone wine tasting, cheered on the Nationals, and gotten tipsy all over DC at our monthly happy hours. In the summers our Fridays end after lunch so you can get an early start on the weekend.
Venga also offers a continuing education benefit where the company will pay for up to half of any classes you’d like to take to hone your skills. And there’s all the regular stuff too including salary, commission, stock options (yep, you’ll be an owner), company paid medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k, pre-tax transportation expense plan, blah biddity blah blah.
We want to hear from you directly, in your own voice. Send your resume to [email protected] along with a paragraph or two describing your background, how you meet the job requirements and why you are going to crush it at Venga.
Other jobs you might be interested in
Since being founded in 2010, Venga has been helping restaurants better understand and engage with their guests. In 2013, Venga released its unique OpenTable and point-of-sale integration, developed with industry leaders like Jose Andres’ ThinkFoodGroup. By connecting the dots between guests and their purchases, Venga unlocks the data restaurants have never been able to put to use and provides the tools to increase guest satisfaction and frequency. Today, Venga works with many of the leading restaurant groups in the U.S., Canada, and the U.K.