NAOKI SUSHI is hiring HOSTS for our DINING ROOM team!
- 1 YEAR OF EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- PART-TIME POSITIONS AVAILABLE
- Shifts: Dinner, Weekends, Evenings
Contemporary & Classic Japanese Cuisine: Sushi chef Naoki Nakashima’s playful mix of contemporary and classic Japanese cuisine and sushi in a casual, intimate, speakeasy-style space tucked behind the kitchen of Intro. The beverage program perfectly pairs bold cocktails, artisan sake and select beers to the menu.
Hosts are responsible for the initial warm greeting and seating of guests, answering of telephones, taking reservations and messages, maintaining accurate guest counts and wait times and saying goodbye to all guests. Assists with Coat Check duties as directed. EOE. E-Verify.
Caring. Creative. Careers.
Join the Lettuce Entertain You family! Our 100+ restaurants are nationally recognized for great food and service and as great places to work. We hire and care deeply for people with creativity, passion and the drive to be the best. And we reward our teams with top notch benefits, career-long training and development and opportunities for growth.
Is this you?
- You take care of yourself. (Energy and stamina. You'll need both.)
- You care for others. (Teamwork and success. They are one and the same.)
- You care about guests. (Quality. The bar is high.)
If you want a career at a progressive company with a long-standing commitment to people, join our caring and creative team.
- Be able to work a variety of hours, days and shifts, including weekends
- Get along with others and be a team player
- Be genuinely committed to ensuring that the overall guest experience exceeds expectations, including greeting guests with a warm, sincere smile and anticipating their needs
- Use tact and good judgment when dealing with guest challenges, responding to guest needs with patience and courtesy
- Follow all steps of service
- Assist with clearing, cleaning and resetting tables, check and maintain restrooms
- Sell and accurately account for gift cards
- Understand and follow the food allergy procedure and special orders/restrictions
- Comply with all safety and sanitation (including handwashing) guidelines and procedures
- Be proficient in the use and operation of all necessary tools and equipment, including the reservation, telephone, paging and voicemail systems, and phone etiquette and message guidelines
- Successfully complete alcohol awareness training
- Follow all rules, policies, procedures and conditions of employment, including those outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Other duties will be assigned as needed
- Safely and effectively move chairs, tables, highchairs and booster seats
- Communicate in English in order to comprehend and perform/follow job requirements in written and spoken direction
- Perform more than one task at a time, calmly and effectively in an extremely busy and stressful work environment
- Work in a confined, crowded space of variable noise and temperature levels
- Lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Safely and effectively use and operate all necessary tools and equipment
- Stand and walk for an entire shift, including moving safely through all areas of the restaurant, which may include stairs, uneven and slick surfaces
- Accessibility varies by location
We offer our employees benefits including flexible scheduling, dining discounts, competitive pay, and more!
Other jobs you might be interested in
Naoki Sushi is a new sushi spot located in The Belden-Stratford in Lincoln Park. Led by Naoki Nakashima, Lettuce Entertain You’s long-time sushi chef, Naoki Sushi is a playful mix of contemporary and classic Japanese cuisine and sushi presented in a casual setting tucked within the culinary lab of Intro. “I want to make sure our guests have fun, feel relaxed and enjoy great ingredients during their experience,” says Naoki.
The menu features traditional nigiri and sashimi as well as other sushi items that are more composed and include additional flourishes and ingredients. Japanese main plates will round out the menu. The beverage program highlights sushi-friendly cocktails, beers, wines and sakes.
EOE. We participate in E-Verify.