Alinea Restaurant seeks full-time host to join our FOH team. Alinea welcomes guests for a single, seasonally driven tasting menu in the Lincoln Park neighborhood of Chicago.
• Offer exemplary and professional service to our guests
• Work under the guidance of our FOH managers
• Organize menus and reservations
• Communicate effectively to chefs and managers
• 5 services per week
• 45-55 hours per week
• $12.00 hourly starting salary.
• Medical, vision, dental and life benefits available on the 1st of the month after 30 days of fulltime employment
• 50% company contribution to HMO medical, vision, dental and life coverage, during the first 2 years of fulltime employment.
• 100% company contribution to HMO medical plan, vision, dental and life after 2 years of fulltime employment.
• Paid time off available to use after 6 months of fulltime employment
Preferred Experience: 1 year host experience
Steps to Apply:
• Send your resume
• Schedule working interview (paid minimum wage)
The Alinea Group values diversity in gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religion, age, veteran status, life experiences and ideas. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and strive to provide an inclusive culture that embraces diversity.
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of The Alinea Group
Alinea was founded in 2005 by Chef Grant Achatz and Nick Kokonas.
Featuring a single, seasonally driven tasting menu of between 18 and 22 courses, the experience of dining at Alinea is not only delicious, but also fun, emotional, and provocative.
Alinea has been universally praised for its innovative approach to modernist cuisine. It has three times been named the Best Restaurant in America and is the only restaurant in Chicago, and one of only 12 in the U.S., to earn the coveted Michelin 3-Star rating. It has also won the James Beard Award for Best Service in the United States.