The Mina Group is looking for a strong leader who is excited to help create innovative, delicious food and will be thrilled to be a part of a growing team, focused on achievement and constant evolution! The Sous Chef will help build and maintain a strong and unique company culture, motivate their team, and serve as a mentor to junior level staff members.
About the role:
Sous Chef will be responsible for successfully managing back-of-house operations on a daily basis, to ensure consistently high levels of quality, service, sanitation, and guest satisfaction.
Overall job responsibilities:
• Work as a member of the team and assist cooks with the set up and breakdown of stations, so that shift changes happen in a timely matter.
• Ensures that all products are received in correct unit, count and condition. Ensure delivers are performed in accordance to restaurant receiving policies and procedures.
• Responsible for production work to benefit the restaurant: Butchering, Charcuterie, Braises, Stocks and Marinades.
• Fill in where needed on station to ensure that service standards and efficient operations are met.
• Collaborate and attend all scheduled meetings and participate with opinions or ideas pertaining to the agenda.
• Participate in ordering, menu development and recipe development.
• Take ownership and responsibility for end of month inventory.
If you are as committed to excellence as we are, you will find that we can offer career advantages that are among the very best!
Salary + Benefits + Company Perks + Growth Opportunities!
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of MINA GROUP
Located in the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess, and open for dinner six days a week, BOURBON STEAK is a warm, lively nighttime oasis — perfect for enjoying an evening of cocktails and dinner with friends. BOURBON STEAK — named Arizona’s “Top Steakhouse” by The Arizona Republic — is Michael Mina’s modern twist on the classic American steakhouse.
BOURBON STEAK’S menu features the finest cuts of natural, organic and hormone-free beef available. Using Michael Mina’s signature process, the meat is slow-poached and then cooked over a seasoned, wood-fired grill to a mouthwatering finish.
The bar at BOURBON STEAK — a nighttime destination of its own — offers classic American cocktails and an extensive wine list with a wide selection of Burgundy and Bordeaux.