Description & Necessary Qualifications
The Manager will be responsible for managing and leading daily operations of the restaurant. Oversight of employee development, inventory/department management, supply purchases, and guestsatisfaction are top priorities.Performance will be measured by consistent delivery of results while upholding company standards, expectations, and following systems. This hands-on management position requiresno less than 55-60 hours of work per week. Holidays, nights, and weekend hours are required, as well asflexibility with need-based shift coverage for members of the management team and hourly staff.Two to three years of experience as a Manager are required. Experience with restaurant openings is desired, however not required. Candidate must be ServSafe certified.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Execute and maintain quality and consistency of food, beverage and servicewith full adherence to standards;act with a sense of urgency, be friendly, professional, and engaged
- Providea warm and welcoming atmosphere, attentive, detailed, friendly, and courteous service
- Proactively visit with and interact with restaurant guests; build loyalty and face/name recognition
- Positively handle guest requests and accept feedback with grace
- Provide sound resolution(s) to guest complaints with poise and professionalism
- Understand the market and surrounding areas (i.e. restaurants, businesses, hotels)
- Regularly measure and evaluate service through restaurant service audits, and leveraging guest/employee feedback
- Maintain highest level of safety, security, sanitation, and cleanliness of facility
- Must understand how to use basic computer applications and POS systems
- Staff, train and develop guest-focused employees
- Must firmly confront poor performance while also recognizing and rewarding good performancealong side GM/AGM
- Maintain good rapport with vendors to ensure quality and consistency
- Instill a culture of excellence and inspire confidence throughout the restaurant staff while displaying strong leadership skills
- Must have thorough understanding of California labor laws
- Oversee the following departments: runners, bussers, baristas, polishers, restroom attendant.
- Follow company guidelines set forth by the GM to effectively manage labor
- Achieve restaurant financial goals as specified to applicable area of responsibility
- Control cash, credit, and other receipts by following company cash handling/reconciliation procedures
- Weekly inventory counts, costs, and maintenance as specified by GM
1. Incentive-based bonus compensation package based on performance benchmarks (sales, financial, etc.) as set by MGMT after 90 days (all based on the meeting of budgeted figures with actual figures), 2. Two weeks of paid vacation per year, with the first
Classic Food / Wine Service
Classic Wine Service Knowledge
Event Management / Organization
Experience in a Fine Dining Establishment
Experience in a High Volume Environment
Food / Beverage Pairing
Other jobs you might be interested in
A contemporary restaurant with classic genes, Baltaire is where to enjoy lunch in the sun and dinner under the stars. It’s the perfect place for cocktails and conversation or an intimate dinner any night of the week.
With Executive Chef Travis Strickland leading our kitchen, our certified Sommelier conceptualizing cocktails and curating the wine list, Baltaire brings the highest grade steaks, exceptional seafood, resplendent drinks, and plenty of healthy, light fare options to Brentwood.
Our light and airy dining room gives way to a gorgeous outdoor terrace by way of floor-to-ceiling glass doors, providing spacious seating for sun-soaked lunches and lavish nighttime wining and dining, all with a mid-century modern design. Adjacent to the main dining room, our inviting lounge is the ideal place to meet and enjoy a cocktail or glass of wine and listen to live music. Experience a steakhouse, completely reimagined.