Main Duties include:
• Organize tickets coming from the kitchen so that guests are served their food in a timely manner.
• Communicate with the Chef as to the timing of food for tickets.
• Inspect all plates for proper presentation, garnish and cleanliness.
• Ensure that all tickets are complete for each ticket so that the guests receive all items that they have ordered and requested.
• Keep working area stocked with appropriate plateware, utensils and supplies needed for serving our guests.
• Perform side work at the start, during and at the end of each shift as required by service station assignment.
• Maintain clean working areas.
• Maintain a clean restaurant at all times.
• Monitor and observe guests dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
• Be ready and willing to assist fellow employees as situations arise.
• Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
• Be able to communicate and understand the predominant language(s) of our guests.
• Have working knowledge of the food menu
• Food Handlers certificate required
• Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours) and work in multiple level building.
• Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 10 - 20 pounds.
At Sari Sari Store we are working together in a small, bustling kitchen and duties for all members of our team will be wide and varied, including but not limited to bussing, expediting, serving food, and preparing beverages and desserts. All employees contribute to our guests' experience and will therefore be directly involved with service.
We provide a safe work environment and welcome those who value collaboration and are seeking opportunities for growth. If you share these values and have the desire and energy to work in a fast-paced kitchen within a dynamic and bustling marketplace then we want to hear from you.
Please send your resume by email and tell us a little about yourself. We are seeking full time and part time availability, including weekends and holidays. Shifts are between 6 and 8 hours and range from 7am to 9pm. We are proud to offer healthcare benefits to all full time employees.
Health Insurance Benefits - Medical, Dental and Vision
Bakery / Patisserie, Cafe, Fast Casual
Taking our name from the neighborhood variety stores found throughout the Philippines, Sari Sari Store is a food stall opening summer 2017 in Downtown L.A.’s Grand Central Market.