- Ensure compliance with health and safety codes and policies.
- Communicate effectively with peers, supervisors and subordinates.
- Exhibit a positive, enthusiastic attitude committed to a teamwork effort.
- Assume all duties and responsibilities as assigned by department head.
- Knowledge of, and compliance with, all items covered in the Culinaire International Associate Handbook.
- Must follow specific job duties in opening/closing and side duties.
- Must perform wait and service standards within specific time frames or in a timely manner.
- In-depth knowledge of menu and an ability to describe a “flavorful” description of all menu items.
- Responsible for knowing prices of menu items.
- Assist our guest in whatever way possible to ensure a pleasurable dining experience.
- Deal with customers in a professional manner, to the degree of which our guests are fully satisfied.
- Inform management of all comments, requests, suggestions, and concerns from guests.
- Responsible for accounting and collecting of payment for product and services rendered, where applicable.
- Responsible for handling accurate and efficient cash transactions.
- Responsible for completing all opening, daily, and closing procedures and duties assigned by department head.
- Responsible for accurate handling of cash register and making change.
- Must attend and participate in pre-shift meetings.
- Increase sales by using suggestive selling techniques.
- Complete any and all tasks as assigned by any member of management.
- Minimum of six (6) months of food handling, cash handling and Point of Sales experience.
- High School graduate or GED, preferred.
- Must speak, read, write, and understand fluent English.
- Must be mature and responsible.
- Must present a neat, professional, well-groomed appearance.
- Must be able to handle a fast-paced environment.
- Must be pleasant, outgoing, and attentive.
- Must be able to work flexible hours. (i.e. weekends, evenings, holidays)
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and maintain a high level of energy.
- Must be able to lift and carry a tray or push/pull a cart, up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Must be able to push/pull up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, lift, reach, and handle easily and skillfully.
- Must be able to perform routine work with repetitive motions.
- Must be multi-task oriented
- Must be Food Safety certified.
- Must be committed to excellent customer service.
- Must be able to use hands and fingers skillfully and easily.
- Must be able to stand and or walk for varying lengths of time, sometimes for long periods.
- Must be able to perform the four (4) basic arithmetic operations. (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
- Must have exceptional communications skills, both oral and written.
- Must posses and practice interpersonal communication skills.
Classic Food / Wine Service
Classic Wine Service Knowledge
Experience in a Fine Dining Establishment
Experience in a High Volume Environment
Food Preparation Knowledge
Food Safety Knowledge
Other jobs you might be interested in
Event Catering, Restaurant Consulting
Marisol, the MCA Chicago's new restaurant, re-imagines the
relationship of art, food, and design, in a unique artist-created
environment. Chef Jason Hammel presents an ever-changing, hyper-seasonal menu filled with vibrant, playful, and contemporary flavors that match its surroundings. Named for its muse Marisol, the spirited 1960s French/Venezuelan artist, and inspired by renowned artist Chris Ofili's immersive art environment, the new restaurant is a welcoming place to meet and dine, or just plug-in. This lively neighborhood restaurant features lunch, and dinner daily, as well as weekend brunch, in a shared plates format. The beverage program includes a large selection of food-friendly natural wines along with one of Chicago's deepest vermouth and aperitif lists, complementing the lighter palette. Marisol opens in the summer of 2017 on the street level of the MCA.
CULINAIRE is a privately held food and beverage management company based in Texas and operating in multiple states. We are proud of our diverse collection of distinguished accounts where we operate restaurants and provide upscale catering services. We custom tailor our services to address each facility’s particular needs and add value for our clients by maintaining a distinctively high level of quality in our cuisine and service.