Make a meaningful impact as a Host with Gramercy Tavern!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave (yes! even as an hourly employee!)
- Money to spend in our restaurants and a 20% discount (and we’ve won 28 James Beard awards)
- Discounts toward gym memberships, spas, transit passes and hotels – just to name a few…
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future- and you can take it with you when you leave
- Access to more than 50 Learning and Development programs to support your growth & development
- Access to Mentor Programs and Career Development advice to help you navigate your career options with us
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of :
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgement- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than in expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t-and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- A good understanding of wine, beer , classic cocktails, and creative cocktails
- A sense of urgency and strong work ethic to coordinate bar stocking needs with the cycles of service for guests at the bar.
- Strong communication and listening skills to develop trusting relationships with peers and guests
- The ability to stay positive and calm under pressure
- A warm, compassionate, and team-focused approach
- Open availability
Ideally, You Also Have:
- 1 year experience in a front of house role in a hospitality business
- Previous experience with online reservation systems such as Open Table
- Hospitality Degree/Certification
Experience in a High Volume Environment
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Union Square Hospitality Group
Gramercy Tavern is a renewal of the classic American tavern offering regined, contemporary American cuisine, warm hospitality and un paralleled service in an historic landmark building.
We offer medical, dental, vision, 401K, flex pay, life insurance, employee dining program and paid vacation. USHG provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.