North Michigan Avenue and East Wacker Drive is renowned as the place where the Magnificent and Cultural Miles begin; in Chicago, it starts here. Here too, LondonHouse Chicago, a luxury lifestyle hotel, welcomes guests beginning spring 2016. At LondonHouse Chicago, we’ve combined classic and contemporary architecture, modern design, sweeping vistas, distinctive history, unique amenities and luxury service with a landmark location to create a new icon in Chicago hospitality.
With 452 beautifully appointed and graciously sized guest rooms and suites, 25,000 square feet of catering, social, and event space and amazing skyline views from virtually every window, LondonHouse Chicago stands proud, ready to welcome guests to the very spot where Chicago began. You have an opportunity to join a creative, entrepreneurial and service driven team that was awarded by the HSMAI as the winner of the best new hotel in Illinois.
LondonHouse Chicago is part of Curio - Collection by Hilton.
We have immediate openings for restaurant / rooftop servers in our Food and Beverage department. If you are detail oriented, used to working in a fast paced environment and have a passion for exemplary service, then you have come to the right place!
- Provides service to patrons and is accountable for an assigned section
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality guests experience
- Thorough understanding of LondonHouse Rooftop, culture, history, rules and policies
- Performs opening and closing procedures including but not limited to the set up and break down of stations, cleaning tables.
- Responsible to "up sell" on any given opportunity
- Maintains and ensures the overall cleanliness of each assigned station and the establishment
- Ensures that all procedures concerning bar tabs and the transfer of tables are met
- Perform accurate cash/credit handling and POS procedures
- Must be very familiar wth all food and beverage items
- Understand the chef's vision and passion for the menu created
- Know the restaurant-style of food "Reimagined American food"
- Checks identification for proof of age when required
- Monitors guests drinks and anticipate guest needs
- Using the food menui as another selling tool to enjoy our culinary cocktails
- Provides friendly, courteous and professional service to all internal and external customers/guests at all times
- Helps support staff (food runners, bussers, etc.)
- Retains and maintains complete knowledge of all food and beverage items
- Must be knowledgeable about Hotel, restaurant/lounge and surroundings, etc.
- Performs all duties and sequences of service in adherence to standards
- Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule and late hours as necessary
- Complete all side work and check out with manager prior to completing shift
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Must have Food Handler’s certificate
Tips, paid personal/sick, vacation, holiday, 401(k) plan, Hilton Team Member Travel discount, etc.
Classic Food / Wine Service
Experience in a Fine Dining Establishment
Experience in a High Volume Environment
Food / Beverage Pairing
Food Safety Knowledge