Position Summary: Responsible for overseeing every facet of the kitchen operation including but not limited to:
Scheduling, receiving, production, ordering, and management of all kitchen personnel; as well as ensuring that all recipes, food preparation, and presentation meet our restaurant specifications.
This position is also responsible for maintaining a safe, orderly, and sanitized kitchen. This person will also be directly involved in helping to create daily specials to utilize product as well as bring in additional product for continuing research and development. This position reports directly to the Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef, and/or Chef de Cuisine.
- Oversees daily prep crew
- Completes line checks before and after service
- Verifies that all line cooks follow recipes and appropriate presentation of dishes
- Keeps kitchen, dish, and storage areas clean and organized
- Places food and supply orders as necessary to ensure the kitchen is fully equipped to handle large volumes of business and directly managing costs
- Hires and trains employees to company standards
- Disciplines employees in order to maintain company standards
- Works directly with the Executive Chef or Chef de Cuisine on staffing levels
- Oversees kitchen labor and food cost to budgetary requirements
- Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed as requested by the Chef at any time
- College or culinary training or extensive cooking and production experience
- Awareness of local, state, and federal health sanitation laws
- Understanding of proper use and maintenance of major kitchen equipment
401K, Healthcare, Paid Vacation
Advanced Knife Handling
Culinary Menu / Recipe Development
Dough Making / Portioning
Enforcement Of Safety / Sanitation Standards
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Castellucci Hospitality Group
The name Cooks & Soldiers is inspired by the annual Tamborrada festival of San Sebastian, Spain. Tamborrada happens every year on the 20th of January (the feast of Saint Sebastian). At midnight, in the Konstituzio Plaza in the "Alde Zaharra/Parte Vieja" (Old Town), the mayor raises the flag of San Sebastián. For 24 hours, day and night, the entire city is awash with the sound of drums. The adults, dressed as cooks and soldiers, march in different companies across various parts of the city with different schedules. The celebration finishes at midnight when the city flag is lowered at various locations, while the main meeting point remains the Konstituzio Plaza.