Lupo by Wolfgang Puck at Mandalay Bay is currently seeking an experienced Bartender. We are searching for a skilled, energetic, highly-motivated person who will thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
Job Summary: . The Bartender will be responsible to prepare, serve and be able to mix and match ingredients in order to create classic and innovative drinks in accordance with guests’ needs and expectations. The primary purpose of the Bartender is to provide friendly, attentive and timely service to create an exceptional experience for all of our guests.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain positive guest interactions while accurately mixing and serving beverages to guests and servers in a friendly and efficient manner
- Take beverage orders from guests, accept guest payment, process credit card charges
- Prepare and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks in accordance with standard recipes
- Peel, slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks
- Comply with all health, safety and hygiene standards and policies
- Balance the cash register at the start and close of each shift
- Present drink menus, make recommendations and answer questions regarding beverages
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the bar including counters, sinks, utensils, shelves
- Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies
- Maintains bottles and glasses in an attractive and functional manner to support efficient drink preparation and promotion of beverages
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Minimum 3-5 years bar experience in fine dining operation
- Excellent knowledge of serving techniques, standard cocktails and fine wines
- Excellent knowledge of beer, wine and liquor and common drink recipes
- Excellent knowledge of mixing, garnishing and serving drinks
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Possess strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and operate a cash register
- Handle a fast-paced work environment
- Outstanding guest services skills
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively (verbal & written)
- Postiive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Possess basic math skills and ability to handle money and operate a cash register and POS system
- Professional presentation and positive attitude
Wolfgang Puck Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Part of Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining Group
The name Wolfgang Puck is synonymous with the best of restaurant hospitality and the ultimate in all aspects of the culinary arts. The famed chef and restaurateur has built a brand that encompasses three companies: Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining Group, Wolfgang Puck Catering and Wolfgang Puck Worldwide, Inc. Wolfgang’s first fine dining venture began in 1982 with the opening of Spago in Los Angeles, and has since grown to over 26 award-winning locations that span over six countries including the U.S., United Kingdom and Singapore. Wolfgang Puck Worldwide, Inc. is a privately held corporation that includes a rapidly growing portfolio of company-owned and franchised locations of casual dining and fast-casual restaurants, as well as an extensive list of branded consumer products and other licensing and merchandising projects. Of the 50+ restaurants located across the globe, several are situated within non-traditional settings such as airports, universities, casinos and hospitals, as well as hotels, malls and as free-standing venues. Wolfgang Puck Catering, brings a new level of innovation and inspiration to special event and contract dining services for cultural, corporate and entertainment venues across the country, offering a restaurant-quality experience in a special event setting for both small and large scale events.
The Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining Group has established our restaurants with the objectives of providing a unique cuisine paired with a special ambience in order to create a memorable fine dining experience for our guests. Our restaurants are part of our continuous effort to offer superlative quality and the highest level of gracious and courteous guest service. To perform successfully, our employees must not only have the qualifications and abilities to perform each of the essential functions of this position, but also must continually strive to meet or surpass The Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining Group's objectives and exacting standards.