- Must be Passioanate about food and hard work.
- Be able to work in a team enviorment.
- Be driven and goal orientated.
Open Kitchen with Custom 12ft Charcoal Grill and Woodstone wood burning bread oven.
Menu / Recipe Development
Pastry Menu Development
Pastry Program Management
Other jobs you might be interested in
Bakery / Patisserie, Bar / Lounge, Cafe, Casual Dining, Fine Dining, Restaurant Group, Upscale Casual
– The hospitality experts behind Fishtown’s ROOT Restaurant & Wine Bar and Northern Liberties’ Café La Maude announced today their plans to open Fishtown’s newest restaurant venture: Suraya - market, restaurant and outdoor garden. The Levantine eatery will draw on the historically culinarily intertwined region that consists of Lebanon, Turkey, Syria, Iraq, Israel, Palestine and Egypt. Suraya will use Lebanon as its starting point, and explore outward. It will occupy an entire city block at 1528 Frankford Ave, totaling 10,000 square feet.
• The Market: At Suraya’s market, the traditional Levantine Bazaar meets the modern-day all day café. Suraya’s market will boast a variety of spices, imported and local food items, prepared foods and small menu a la carte items (including the Lebanese staple manousheh), designed to take-out or eat-in. Suraya’s market will also feature a full Stumptown Coffee Roasters coffee bar. Wine, beer and cocktails will also be available. The market is set to open late summer 2017.
• The Dining Room: Experience an authentic taste of Beirut in Suraya’s dining room with a menu of small and large shared plates that celebrate the complex, multicultural flavor profiles that make up Levantine cuisine. Restaurant guests can expect a vibrant energy and an eat-with-your-hands dining etiquette, mimicking a true Middle Eastern dining experience. The dining room will boast an open kitchen featuring a 12-foot custom charcoal grill, and is set to open early fall 2017.
• The Garden: Transcend into the lush outdoor oasis that is Suraya’s backyard. The open-air garden will evoke a vibrant, fun energy within a communal space, while its menu will include Suraya’s bevy of mezze and bespoke cocktails available within all three spaces, including the official drink of Lebanon, Arak, an unsweetened anise-flavored alcohol Aperitif. Suraya’s Garden to open early fall 2017.