Reports to: General Manager and Head Chef
Description: You will work with the General Manager, Head Chef and other chefs on all food preparation activities required to ensure consistent quality; establish presentation technique and quality standards; ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance; and ensure proper safety and sanitation in kitchen. The essence of this job is the highest expectation and deliverance of quality in the kitchen and the restaurant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Passionate with great palette and sense of presentation.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work well in environment with time constraints.
- Ability to troubleshoot effectively.
- Detail-oriented with good organizational skills, performing work accurately and efficiently.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Maintain high level hygiene, health, and safety standards within the facility (according to local ordinance), and assist the Chefs in maintaining the highest quality standards for food, beverages, customer service, and facilities.
- Supporting duties for the culinary staff including washing dishes, cleaning the kitchen, or other duties as requested by culinary staff.
- Ability to be flexible.
- Culinary School graduate or related training.
- California Food Handler Card will be required.
- Experience with Japanese cuisine preferable.
- A strong interest in Japan, Japanese cuisine and culture, and a very passionate approach to learn.
- Physical ability to kneel, bend, stand, climb stairs and hills, and lift 30 pounds
We offer great health benefits and PTO.
Other jobs you might be interested in