Make Every Meal Special®
Standard Market is a celebration of food. Our mission is to make or find the best tasting products to share with people who love to eat and drink.
Our chef-driven markets offer an unparalleled experience, including on-site kitchens crafting a wide variety of prepared foods, bakeries making scrumptious breads and pastries, whole animal butcher and seafood counters, expansive produce departments featuring fresh-squeezed juice bars, award-winning cheese aging caves, wine & craft beer bars, meticulous coffee & tea shops, a wide assortment of local, independent, and artisan crafted products, and Standard Market Grill, a casual-yet-refined restaurant showcasing the bounty and chef talent contained within each Market.
We do all this because we love food. And we are looking for hardworking, team-oriented people who are excited to share this passion with our customers through delicious culinary experiences.
LINE COOKS WANTED!
Whether you are a recent graduate, looking for a career change, or you are just starting out, we want to hear from you.
Jumpstart your culinary career as a line cook at Standard Market. Earn more with a Culinary or College Degree. Qualified applicants can earn up to $15 an hour with benefits.
Our work environment is fast-paced, with a highly energetic atmosphere. We pride ourselves on the ability to foster growth and offer advancement. You will be recognized for your strengths, and with that you will see success.
We are looking for a professional line cook to prepare food to the exact chef’s specifications and to set up stations for menu. Line cook duties will consist of assisting the executive and sous chef with their daily tasks. The successful candidate will play a key role in contributing to our customer satisfaction and retention goals.
- Set up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Answer, report and follow executive or sous chef’s instructions
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Cooking experience, including experience as a line chef, restaurant cook or prep cook preferred. Will train qualified applicants.
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
You will benefit from experiencing:
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Challenging Work
- Supportive Environment
- On The Job - Paid Training
- Career Focused Organization
up to $15/hr, health/dental/vision, employee discount
Other jobs you might be interested in
Casual Dining, Markets
Make every meal special®
Standard Market is a celebration of food. Our mission is to make or find the best tasting foods for our two chef-driven markets in Chicago’s western suburbs.
Standard Market offers an unparalleled experience, including:
• a bakery featuring artisan breads, pastries, and fresh pastas all made from scratch in house
• a complete in-house deli, crafting a wide variety of salads, soups, pizzas, our signature What’s For Dinner Tonight?® dinners for two to go, and other delicious ready-to-eat items in our on-site kitchens
• whole animal butcher and seafood counters (we feature local USDA Choice, Prime, and grass-fed beef aged in-house, antibiotic-free chicken, and heritage breed pork, and fillet all of our fish ourselves)
• an expansive produce department, featuring a fresh-squeezed juice bar and Marketmade dips and salsas
• a cheese aging cave, winner of multiple American Cheese Society awards including 2nd Place Best of Show
• THE CUBE, a gastropub wine & craft beer bar
• a coffee & tea shop, highlighting the country’s best coffee roasters & tea purveyors and staffed by highly skilled baristas
• a wide assortment of local, independent, and artisan crafted products
• and Standard Market Grill, a casual, yet sophisticated, restaurant showcasing the bounty and chef talent contained within each Market.
Come discover the most delicious products we can make or find at Standard Market.