We are looking for an outgoing, hardworking, multi-tasking pro to join our exquisite Japanese restaurant, Pabu! Our host(ess) will enjoy a fast pace environment, work well under pressure and have an impeccable eye for detail.
About The Role:
Our host(ess) are responsible for creating a warm environment and delivering a memorable experience to our guest. The role will oversee the front desk during the weekdays and will support the restaurant by collaborating and communicating with team members, to ensure guests' needs are being met.
Overall Job Responsibilities:
• Taking reservations for customers over the telephone and in person.
• Maintaining the cleanliness of the host stand and restocking of restaurant supplies.
• Help ensure each customer receives the best quality service and an overall excellent experience while dining with us.
• Organize seating sections and work with Managers to ensure a smooth seating flow.
• Support team members on tasks to ensure efficiency.
• Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, but it's also a lot of fun!
• Experience. Previous experience passionately providing service to others and assisting them in a fast pace environment.
• People Person. The best part of serving others is creating experiences for them that go beyond the expected.
Food and wine knowledge, big plus!
What We Offer:
• Health Benefits
• Positive and fun work environment
• Company Perks & Discounts
• Bragging rights - work for Michelin Star Chef, Michael Mina!
Hourly + Tips + Benefits
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of MINA GROUP
Ken Tominaga, of the famed Hana Japanese Restaurant in Sonoma County, brings forth a modern take on traditional Izakaya-style dining with PABU and signature ramen bowls prepared with fresh noodles, a choice of all-natural broths, proteins, and an abundance of freshly-grown vegetables and greens at THE RAMEN BAR in San Francisco. In partnership with Michael Mina and Mina Group, this modern izakaya & sushi bar ramen shop in downtown San Francisco is a dream brought to life for Tominaga and Mina. Located at the landmark 101 California space in San Francisco’s Financial District, PABU+THE RAMEN BAR combines rustic, old-world Japanese charm with modern, urban sophistication to create a dynamic, social dining experience.