Cafe Réveille is a casual dining restaurant located in San Francisco. We currently serve breakfast, lunch and weekend brunch. We are innovative, and use fresh and locally sourced ingredients, and looking for the perfect Chef De Cuisine to join our growing team.
We're a small restaurant and offer great opportunities for personal and career growth.
The Chef de Cuisine will carry out our company food service standards and values. They will manage, train, and mentor all BOH staff while overseeing day to day administrative duties including inventory and costs. The individual should possess a passion for food, the ability to lead, coach and train staff and a strong work ethic.
- Oversee and ensure that company standard operating procedures are met
- Oversee and systemize all food production; responsible for managing inventory and purchasing of products
- Ensure food cost goals for restaurant are met by utilizing company systems and procedures
- Oversee all ordering duties for food, paper, and cleaning supplies
- Manage daily performance of all BOH team members to build and develop a team that exceeds company standards and expectations
- Manage all BOH employees including hiring, firing, training, coaching, scheduling and disciplining In partnership with the owners, interview, select and train all BOH new hires (dishwashers, cooks, chefs, etc.)
- Oversee and manage the kitchen during prep and service ensuring that service runs smoothly
- Handle all guest concerns and suggestions pertaining to the kitchen and food
- Promote safety and proper sanitation amongst all staff.
- Develop ideas, recipes and menus for the restaurant
Skills & Requirements
- 3+ years of Chef de Cuisine and BOH Management experience required
- Must have thorough knowledge of techniques, methods and equipment used in preparing and cooking high quality food
- Must have considerable knowledge of food service management, values, nutrition, menu planning, and food health hazards and all necessary precautionary measures
- Adaptability to plan and modify menus to meet various requirements
- Proven ability in teaching and mentoring kitchen employees
- Exceptional communication and supervisory
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays
- Able to effectively communicate in both written and oral forms
Medical benefits, sick leave, paid time off, bonuses based on cost targets.
Advanced Knife Handling
Dough Making / Portioning
Enforcement Of Safety / Sanitation Standards