The Mina Group is growing and looking for a Staff Accountant to join the team! If you are eager, ambitious, understand full-cycle accounting and thrive working in a fast paced environment, this may be the perfect fit for you!
- Minimum of 2 years in a similar accounting role.
- AA or Bachelors in Accounting or Finance
- Prior hotel/restaurant accounting background a plus.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- POS/Payroll and Accounting systems knowledge and usage required.
- Familiarity with local, state business tax agency reporting required.
GENERAL IDEA OF THE WORK (not all inclusive)
- Cash Handling, including petty cash and bank runs.
- Process and follow-up on AP/AR.
- Sales and credit card reconciliation.
- Generate monthly financial statements including bank reconciliation, PPD, accruals, depreciation, general ledger, month-end AJE.
- Understand and process payroll, cost/cash flow control, budget/forecasting and reconcile benefits.
- Daily, weekly, monthly financial monitoring and reporting as needed, to assist the management team.
The Mina Group, the restaurant management company of Chef Michael Mina specializes in creating and operating upscale and innovative restaurant concepts, topping off with an unforgettable and one-of-a-kind guest experience. Since 2002, we have grown to thirty + unique restaurants across the US and internationally. Because we are an employee driven company, we are hiring based on spirit rather than experience, so if you love the craft of hospitality we need amazing people to join our team. Culinary and hospitality professionals with strong passion and technical acumen can enjoy broad career and learning opportunities with competitive compensation and attractive benefits packages.
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of MINA GROUP
Mina Group Inc. (http://MichaelMina.net) is a San Francisco-based restaurant management company specializing in creating and operating upscale, innovative restaurant concepts. Mina Group is led by Chef/Owner Michael Mina whose accolades include James Beard Foundation “Who’s Who of Food and Beverage” inductee in 2013, Bon Appétit Chef of the Year, Food Arts Silver Spoon Award Winner, San Francisco Magazine Chef of the Year, and International Food and Beverage Forum’s Restaurateur of the Year. Operating since 2002, Mina Group currently manages 22 restaurant properties including MICHAEL MINA in San Francisco (Esquire Magazine’s Restaurant of the Year 2011); BOURBON STEAK and CLOCK BAR at The Westin St. Francis on Union Square in San Francisco; RN74 at Millennium Tower in San Francisco and RN74 at the Joshua Green Building in Seattle; PABU and THE RAMEN BAR at 101 California in San Francisco; BOURBON STEAK & PUB at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara; STRIPSTEAK at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas; MICHAEL MINA Bellagio at Bellagio in Las Vegas; MICHAEL MINA 74 at Fontainebleau Miami Beach; LOCALE MARKET at Sundial St. Petersburg in Florida; and THE HANDLE BAR in Jackson Hole.
Mina is also the founder of The Michael Mina Wine Club (www.MinaWineClub.com). The wines are sourced from many of the same producers featured on wine lists in a number of the Michael Mina restaurants and offers two tiers of membership: Wines of Consequence and Hidden Gems. Both tiers include six bottles per shipment delivered every three months.