"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
In addition to working in our beautiful upscale environments, Ford Fry Restaurants offers service professionals growth and educational opportunities. Our service teams value genuine interactions with our guests and with one another. Become part of an dynamic, innovative, and heartfelt group of unique individuals and submit your resume online at fordfry.com
- Demonstrate knowledge of Ford Fry Restaurant’s style, practices, culture, terminology, organizational structure, and general philosophy.
- Conform to service philosophy and all applicable points of service outlined in the Service & Training Manual.
- Offer guests of the restaurant an expertly served beverage/dining experience.
- Consistently exhibit the ability to speak intelligently about all food and beverage items offered at the restaurant of employ. Use this ability to guide guests through the menu.
- Anticipate guests’ needs by constantly scanning the room and picking up cues from facial expression, body language, and demeanor.
- Maintain clean and organized service areas at all times.
- Demonstrate standard sanitation practices and cleaning schedules; adhere to local and state health code regulations.
- Understand be able to perform all aspects of opening and closing side duties (‘sidework sheets’).
- Attend and participate in all required meetings.
- Report unsafe working conditions, operational needs, and equipment or other aspects of the restaurant in need of repair to management.
- Properly handle and report employee and guest accidents.
- Respond properly to any restaurant emergency or safety situation.
- Follow proper payroll and uniform procedures.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with the standard defined in the Employee Handbook and as required by the posted schedule, which will vary according to the needs of the restaurant.
- Check schedule on a regular basis for arrival times and changes in them.
- Demonstrate the high standards of respectful communication, presentation, body language and workplace conduct as outlined in the Service Agreement and Employee Handbook.
- Recognize and report potentially intoxicated, disruptive, or undesirable guests to management.
- Use BEO to prepare necessary and effective mis-en-place for any function.
- Service all needs for any private event or function.
- Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by Ford Fry Restaurants management.
- 2-years server experience in a high quality restaurant.
- Strong knowledge of high quality restaurant service.
- Legal ability to work in the US.
- Proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Ability to communicate clearly and courteously.
- Proficiency in basic mathematical computations and reasoning.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate the Ford Fry Restaurants’ expectations of Presentation, Body Language & Verbiage.
- Ability to work a flexible workweek including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- TIPS Certification.
- CPR certification.
- Serve Safe certification.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work cohesively and to support unity within the staff.
- Openness to guests and fellow employees.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Ability to perform Ford Fry Restaurants steps of service.
- Thorough knowledge of food and beverage with particular strength in the menus of the candidate’s restaurant of employ.
- Ability to follow a checklist.
- Ability to take cues from guests’ and staff members’ behavior and demeanor as to their level of satisfaction or happiness and to address any issues that arise in a proactive manner.
- Understanding and ability to adhere to all Ford Fry Restaurants standards, policies, and procedures.
- Understanding, awareness, and concern for safety and security and knowledge of how to report any incidents.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality, including matters relating to guests, staff, the restaurant, and the company.
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions performed with or without reasonable accommodation.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job- related duties assigned by their supervisor.