restaurant hostess is an individual who greets customers as they arrive at the facility and often is the last to say goodbye to them as they leave. The hostess job description for a restaurant hostess includes a wide variety of other tasks.
- The hostess schedules dining reservations for guests in advance and as they arrive at the restaurant. Hostesses often have to make decisions about where a group will sit in the restaurant.
- The hostess directs and instructs the dining room personnel on customer needs to ensure customers receive fast and quality service from the moment they arrive.
- Should a party have special needs or request accommodations, the hostess ensures the group's requirements are met. This may include services needed for small children, as well as for individuals with disabilities or food allergies.
- Hostesses greet guests as they arrive and take them to their seats. They also provide a menu and explain specials. They may answer immediate questions the patrons have. They may introduce the customers to their server.
- The hostess also inspects and maintains the dining facilities. They do by instructing the buss personnel and waiters. They may be required to spot cleanliness problems and to help clear tables to facility customer needs.
Food Safety Knowledge
OpenTable or other
Other jobs you might be interested in
Formento's is a B. Hospitality Co. restaurant located in the Fulton Market District within Chicago’s bustling West Loop.
Formento’s is an Italian restaurant steeped with traditional family recipes that originate in Southern Italy. Created as a nod to the co-owner’s grandmother, “Nonna Formento,” guests will experience an array of Southern-Italian dishes, with fresh and bright flavors, created by Executive Chef/Partner, Todd Stein.
The world-class wine menu, curated by Alex Augustine, offers guests more than 600 varietals from around world. At Formento’s, new world culinary creativity marries with generations past.
For more about the team at B. Hospitality Co., visit us online at bhospitalityco.com. We are the team behind The Bristol, Balena, Formento's, Nonna's, Swift & Sons and Cold Storage.