Heisler Hospitality (Bad Hunter, Pub Royale, Trench) and Jim Meehan, author of and founder of the acclaimed New York City bar PDT (Please Don’t Tell) are partnering to open a progressive cocktail bar in Chicago’s West Loop neighborhood and are currently looking for extraordinarily motivated employees. Potential candidates should exhibit professionalism, attention to detail, optimistic perspectives, the willingness to learn and grow and comfortability providing ‘casually elegant’ customer service. This is an ideal position for those who are dedicated to the art of hospitality and enjoy fast-paced high energy establishments.
At Prairie School (326 N. Morgan Street), Heisler Hospitality and Jim Meehan’s shared interest was inspired by Frank Lloyd Wright, whose Prairie School aesthetic is synonymous with Chicago, but reflects a global perspective. Wright Traveled the world to ultimately create his own distinct style that challenged the status quo in Chicago. It is a similar ethos that will guide Prairie School and Meehan to push the envelope on everything from bar design to cocktails to exceptional hospitality. The restaurant is slated to open late summer 2017, in conjunction with sister property, Regards to Edith.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Is charismatic and possesses natural ability to engage and serve diverse guests
- Is confident and proactive
- Is extremely vibrant and passionate about hospitality
- Has the ability to actively promote menu products helping to deliver an enhanced guest experience
- Is highly organized, good at multitasking and has an extreme focus on attention to detail
- Is able to thrive in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Is a clear thinker in high pressure situations.
- Has obtained Illinois Food Handler Certification and/or Illinois BASSET certification
- Has a background in seasonally driven menus, deep wine and cocktail knowledge
- Conveys a personal sense of style and sophistication.
- Has a minimum of 2 years experience working in the food service or customer service industry
Helmed by well-known hospitality entrepreneur Matt Eisler and renowned designer Kevin Heisner, Heisler creates unique, concept-driven drinking and dining establishments. Taking an unconventional and organic approach towards each individual project while infusing their distinctive sensibilities, Heisler develops award-winning concepts that are current, refined, and timeless. Together, they have not only become known for their forward-thinking projects, but also for their efforts to mentor and champion the people they work with.
Heisler Hospitality offers competitive hourly rates and opportunities to advance within a fast-growing group of restaurants and bars. We offer Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance benefits to all full-time employees, beginning the first day of the m
Ability To Lift 40+ Lbs
Classic Wine Service Knowledge
Craft Cocktail knowledge