Roots Handmade Pizza is growing and looking for friendly and caring servers who enjoy being around people and working in a fast-paced environment with a supportive staff behind them. Roots Handmade Pizza is a fun, fast-paced environment with great food, craft beer, and a cool, neighborhood atmosphere. It’s a fun place to work and a great place to start a career too.
A server will be in charge of his or her section on the main floor, the patio or the private dining room. You are here to make the guest feel special, serving to the customer’s needs and ensuring sure to do everything in your control to guarantee a memorable experience.
- Greet and spiel each table in a warm & pleasant manner.
- Take food & beverage orders from guests.
- Write down orders and enter them correctly into the POS.
- Frequently check in on your tables to ensure they are enjoying all aspects of their experience.
- Accept guest payments, process credit cards, and make change (if applicable).
- Assist your busser and other staff members in clearing plates and silverware or running food and drinks to ensure all guests have a great experience.
- Learn all of the ingredients in our food & drink menu.
- Make recommendations and answer questions regarding food and beverages.
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the restaurant including counters, sinks, utensils, shelves and storage areas.
- Assist the restocking and replenishment of restaurant inventory and supplies.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- complying with health and food safety standards, restocking items, cleaning,
- Provide great customer service, and follow Fifty/50 Restaurant Group policies & procedures
- Be a positive, upbeat, and personable person at all times while working.
- Be able to stay calm and collected in what could at sometimes be a stressful environment.
- Ability to stand/walk a minimum of 8 hours or as needed.
- Must be able to exert well-paced and frequent mobility for periods of up to 8 hours or as needed.
- Be able to lift up to 20 pounds frequently.
- Will frequently reach, feel, bend, stoop, carry, finely manipulate and key in data.
- Work in both warm and cool environments
- High levels of noise from music, customer and employee traffic.
- Must be able to tolerate potential allergens: peanut products, egg, dairy, gluten, soy, seafood and shellfish.
Qualifications, Education and Behavior
- At least 18 years old.
- Have a minimum of 1 year serving experience
- Ability to work quickly while maintaining safety standards and procedures.
- Ability to properly handle a knife, confidently.
- Active social media presence
- Ability to work daytime and nighttime shifts that may last into the later hours of the night.
- Ability to work consistent schedule at least 4 days per week.
About the Fifty/50 Restaurant Group:
Formed in 2008, The Fifty/50 Restaurant Group is an independent company made up of hardworking, talented restaurant professionals. We have 11 restaurants with more on the way. We offer subsidized health insurance, dental insurance, 401k, employee discounts, paid paternal leave, and plenty of other benefits and perks to qualified employees.
We appreciate talent and reward hard work. To learn more about our concepts, visit www.thefifty50group.com
Craft Cocktail knowledge