Essential Job Functions:
Lead Pastry Cook:
- Prepares and executes bulk dessert recipes for use in all other outlets
- Scales and mixes ingredients according to standard recipes
- Mixes ingredients using electric mixers, or other industrial kitchen equipment.
- Shapes dough for cookies, pies, and fancy pastries
- Cooks, par-bakes, and places shaped dough into molds or pans and inserts them in oven for proper cooking.
- Prepares and cooks ingredients for pie fillings, puddings, custards, icing & glazes or other dessert
- Decorates cakes, pastries and other creative desserts
- Occasional Line Cook and Buffet Cook responsibilities as assigned
- Must possess the ability to follow and complete a defined production list.
- Performs all Pastry Cook & Pastry Helper jobs as assigned
- Trains and develops Pastry Helpers to cover pastry cook shifts
- Trains all pastry new hires or current TM’s on new tasks
- Ensures product Quality
- Problem Solves
- Keeps all TM’s on task according to prep or production lists
- Informs supervisor of all pertinent information and/or any irregularities.
- Completes nightly/daily inventory sheets
- Writes detailed reports and passes along to Pastry Chef
All Cooks, Including Lead Pastry Cook:
- Maintains a high degree of sanitation in work station
- Keeps food area free of debris and trash at all times
- Reports to work on time
- Communicates with Sous Chef when there are product shortages
- Breaks down and stores daily food and supply deliveries
- Assists in monitoring products in the freezer, walk-ins, and storerooms to ensure freshness and availability
- Ensures proper FIFO procedures are followed when storing daily deliveries
- Monitors food items, checks food temperatures, and changes food items when necessary
- Assists in quality control of prepared food items
- Ensures thorough communication between shifts
- Remains up to date on all Departmental Policies and Procedures
- Prepares and executes recipes and daily production sheets per standardized recipe cards or supervisor guidelines
- Complies with all departmental rules, side work assignments, and departmental procedures
- Ensures that all guests are treated in a prompt, professional and courteous manner
- Gives excellent internal and/or external guest service and proactively seeks ways to improve service
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Must possess basic knife skills
- Must possess a basic knowledge of weight and volume conversions
- Must have Pastry experience and/or preferred pastry education
All Cooks, Including Lead Pastry Cook:
- Illinois Food Handler Certification required
- Must possess outstanding interpersonal communication skills to effectively interface with guests and team members
- Must possess the ability to work under pressure and with a sense of urgency
- Must possess a cooperative, helpful and friendly nature, and present a neat, clean, well-groomed appearance
- Ability to work flexible shifts and days of the week including holidays. Understands that schedules may change
- Frequent walking, sitting, standing, bending, twisting, lifting, and kneeling
- Finishes job duties in a timely fashion according to department time standards
- Ability to work within the following conditions: wet floors, temperature extremes, and loud noise
- The Team Member must frequently push, pull, carry, and any other lifting up to 25 pounds.
Other jobs you might be interested in
RIVERS CASINO has been voted one of Chicago Tribune's Top Workplaces in 2016!
Rivers Casino is a dynamic company that offers a wide array of opportunities for personal growth and advancement. We have an established reputation of valuing our Team Members and fostering an inclusive and supportive workplace. If you're enthusiastic, hard working and interested in working on one of the newest, most exciting employment opportunities in Des Plaines, we want to talk to you!