Talented Food Runner needed for a new elite downtown Chicago restaurant and hotel.
Brandon Brumback has been named Executive Chef, where his culinary pedigree includes: Roister, The French Laundry, Fat Duck, Blackbird, Grace and GreenRiver.
The new hotel and restaurant celebrates a creative class of consumers seeking artistically curated travel, dining and hospitality experiences.
This unique property is located in the heart of the Chicago's Magnificent Mile, and is being developed by the creator of theWit Hotel. Hotel EMC2 is a member of Marriott's elite luxury Autograph Collection Hotel.
To view images of the hotel, visit our website at: www.hotelemc2.com
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Maintains current knowledge of all menu offerings, to include ingredients, preparation method and time required, presentation and appearance
• Serves all food and beverage items professionally, according to SMASHotels Standards
Required Skills & Experience:
• Must be able to stand, stoop and bend for long periods of time during the day
• Must be able to lift and carry trays weighing up to 35 pounds
• Must have experience working in fine dining in upscale restaurant or hotel
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks and walk for extended periods of time
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
• Must be customer-service orientated and have excellent hospitality skills
• Ability to walk, stand stoop, bend, lift and carry trays weighing 35+ pounds repetitively during entire shift
• Excellent guest service skills
• Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
• Prior restaurant experience
Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
Ability To Lift 40+ Lbs
Basic Floor Service
Classic Wine Service Expertise
Classic Wine Service Knowledge
Experience in a High Volume Environment
Food Safety Knowledge
Other jobs you might be interested in
Hotel EMC2, boasting 195 beautifully designed rooms and almost 2,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, is set to open its doors on spring 2017. A hotel that embodies imagination, inspiration and innovation, it captures the creative spirit: the essential, energetic ingredient that has led to the scientific understanding of the universe and that acts as the bedrock to artistic expression. Hotel EMC2 strives to activate the mind through modern, upscale amenities, a restorative; yet, stimulating atmosphere and sumptuous, seasonal cuisine to enrich the soul and allow guests to feel right at home. This one-of-a-kind, boutique hotel is situated in the heart of the famed Magnificent Mile Shopping District within the vibrant Streeterville neighborhood and is pedestrian friendly to Chicago’s greatest attractions, shopping and dining. A luxurious urban refuge, Hotel EMC2 is dedicated to providing an artistic and creative experience, where we lodge those that carry a pencil, a paintbrush or a dream.