A Steward carries out general cleaning duties and the operation of pot-washing and dishware machineries to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while ensuring all back of house areas are kept clean and safety guidelines are observed.
What will I be doing?
As a Steward, you are responsible for carrying out general cleaning duties and operating pot-washing machinery to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Steward will also be required to ensure all back of house areas are kept clean, and observe Occupational Safety and Health and Hygiene Regulations and health and safety guidelines. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Operate pot-washing machinery and maintain a hygienic working environment in accordance with hygiene regulations and company standards
- Carry out general cleaning as directed to include sweeping, mopping up, washing up, and emptying of rubbish bins and boxes ensuring placement in the correct containers
- Ensuring that all kitchen and back of house areas are kept clean and all equipment within the kitchen area is cleaned in accordance with the cleaning schedule
- Ensure the correct PPE is in place and guidelines are adhered to
- Observe Health, Hygiene and Safety guidelines when handling hazardous substances and comply with all aspects of Health and Safety requirements
- Report any maintenance and, or, hazard issues to the supervisor on duty
- Carry out any other reasonable task set by the Hotel's Management
A Steward serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on their own or in teams
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous kitchen porter experience in similar role
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Part of MINA GROUP
The MINA Group (http://MichaelMina.net) is a San Francisco-based restaurant management company specializing in creating and operating upscale, innovative restaurant concepts. Mina Group is led by Chef/Owner Michael Mina whose accolades include James Beard Foundation “Who’s Who of Food and Beverage” inductee in 2013, Bon Appétit Chef of the Year, Food Arts Silver Spoon Award Winner, San Francisco Magazine Chef of the Year, and International Food and Beverage Forum’s Restaurateur of the Year. Operating since 2002, Mina Group currently manages 29 restaurant properties including MICHAEL MINA in San Francisco (Esquire Magazine’s Restaurant of the Year 2011); BOURBON STEAK and CLOCK BAR at The Westin St. Francis on Union Square in San Francisco; RN74 at Millennium Tower in San Francisco and RN74 at the Joshua Green Building in Seattle; PABU and THE RAMEN BAR at 101 California in San Francisco; BOURBON STEAK & PUB at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara; STRIPSTEAK at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas; MICHAEL MINA Bellagio at Bellagio in Las Vegas; MICHAEL MINA 74 at Fontainebleau Miami Beach; LOCALE MARKET at Sundial St. Petersburg in Florida; and THE HANDLE BAR in Jackson Hole.
Mina is also the founder of The Michael Mina Wine Club (www.MinaWineClub.com). The wines are sourced from many of the same producers featured on wine lists in a number of the Michael Mina restaurants and offers two tiers of membership: Wines of Consequence and Hidden Gems. Both tiers include six bottles per shipment delivered every three months.