A Cook is responsible for preparing food items in accordance with recipes and established standards in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding service and financial profitability.
What will I be doing?
As a Cook, you would be responsible for preparing food items in accordance with recipes and established standards in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Prepare food items according to designated recipes and quality standards
- Maintain cleanliness and comply with food sanitation standards at all times
- Manage guest orders in a friendly, timely and efficient manner
- Ensure knowledge of menu and all food products
- Stock and maintain designated food station(s)
- Visually inspect all food sent from the kitchen
- Practice correct food handling and food storage procedures according to federal, state, local and company regulations
- Prepare requisitions for supplies and food items, as needed
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of MINA GROUP
The MINA Group (http://MichaelMina.net) is a San Francisco-based restaurant management company specializing in creating and operating upscale, innovative restaurant concepts. Mina Group is led by Chef/Owner Michael Mina whose accolades include James Beard Foundation “Who’s Who of Food and Beverage” inductee in 2013, Bon Appétit Chef of the Year, Food Arts Silver Spoon Award Winner, San Francisco Magazine Chef of the Year, and International Food and Beverage Forum’s Restaurateur of the Year. Operating since 2002, Mina Group currently manages 29 restaurant properties including MICHAEL MINA in San Francisco (Esquire Magazine’s Restaurant of the Year 2011); BOURBON STEAK and CLOCK BAR at The Westin St. Francis on Union Square in San Francisco; RN74 at Millennium Tower in San Francisco and RN74 at the Joshua Green Building in Seattle; PABU and THE RAMEN BAR at 101 California in San Francisco; BOURBON STEAK & PUB at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara; STRIPSTEAK at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas; MICHAEL MINA Bellagio at Bellagio in Las Vegas; MICHAEL MINA 74 at Fontainebleau Miami Beach; LOCALE MARKET at Sundial St. Petersburg in Florida; and THE HANDLE BAR in Jackson Hole.
Mina is also the founder of The Michael Mina Wine Club (www.MinaWineClub.com). The wines are sourced from many of the same producers featured on wine lists in a number of the Michael Mina restaurants and offers two tiers of membership: Wines of Consequence and Hidden Gems. Both tiers include six bottles per shipment delivered every three months.