Seeking Skilled Barista
MatchaBar is a matcha tea company founded by two brothers in Brooklyn, New York. MatchaBar opened its flagship - the country's first specialty matcha cafe - in Williamsburg, Brooklyn in 2014. In 3 short years, the team has opened 3 cafes and taken a bottled product to the national market. In 2017 we continue our West coast expansion in Los Angeles and the MatchaFam prepares for a national roll-out of their bottled product! All the while, the brothers remain on a simple mission: to bring matcha to the people, sharing what they believe to be a better energy with the world around them!
Our Mission: To Bring Matcha To The People
Our Values: Good Things Come To Those Who Hustle.
Do we believe in Karma? Magic? Santa Claus?
Were not quite sure, but we do believe in the hustle. ¨It's the backbone of our business, and is responsible for MatchaBar's very existence! The hustle is about going above and beyond to get the job done. Our community, the MatchaFam, defines itself by just thishard work, passion, and a sense of purpose.
MatchaBar is looking to add a skilled Barista to it's Chelsea team! We are in need of fast-paced, engaging, enthusiastic, and motivated individuals who are up for the creating incredibly innovated, perfectly executed, cafe drinks with excellent service.
We Are Looking For:
A team member with a passion for amazing customer service, a positive attitude, and ability to learn on the fly! As a MatchaBar team member you are a brand ambassador and front facing personality for the MatchaBar brand. Part mixologist, part educator, and part promoter. Your ability and genuine enthusiasm to share our product with the Chelsea community is at a premium!
You Will Be Expected To:
- Start training asap!
- Deliver impeccable hospitality to our guests and your fellow teammates
- Work in a small team to perfect the execution of expertly prepared MatchaBar drinks in both Espresso and Matcha Categories.
- Have a NYC food handlers license.
- Stay knowledgeable about MatchaBar's current matcha and food offerings through tastings and information provided to you by your Cafe Manager and/or MatchaBar's owners who are actively involved in the day-to-day.
- Enthusiastic to get your hands on limited food prep with our light eats program.
- Support your team in keeping the cafe running smoothly and beautifully. These tasks may vary but can include washing dishes, clearing dishes, sweeping, dusting, mopping, cleaning, stocking, restocking, wiping down tables, prepping signature drink ingredients, organizing milk bar, and taking out trash.
- Cooperate with co-workers and ownership on off-site events, pop ups, and vending opportunities at the many outdoor festivals, fairs, and conventions this summer.
- 18+ Years of Age
- Have a Food Handlers License in NY State (if not you must agree to get it in the first month of employment)
- Passionate about customer service and creating meaningful connections with our community.
- Passionate about creating a meaningful and memorable in-store experience for our customers that visit us from around the globe (especially our incredible community that visits from Japan)
- Professional about your work without pretentiousness. We serve a wide range of customers all are treated with the same respect and courtesy.
Who We Are:
At its core MatchaBar is a true small business with a family vibe and value system that stems from the brothers that founded it. MatchaBar's proverb: "Good things come to those that hustle" is very real to us and is the foundation of our philosophy. If you think you would make a good addition to our team we would love for you to apply and let us know why!
Thanks for reading all the way dooooown to the bottom of this listing and looking forward to meeting you!
Max & The MatchaBar Team
this position is PAID: hourly - $12.00 hour + tips
HOW TO APPLY
Email [email protected]
OR In person
Please include a brief cover letter that mentions applicable experience and why you think you would make a good addition to the MatchaBar family! Also feel free to include any thoughts on our proverb "Good things come to those that hustle".
Send all applications to listed email ([email protected]