Are you building a career through hospitality and looking to help shape a new business?
Do you seek a food and beverage environment which fosters a sense of home?
Are you excited to discover and develop innovative ways to offer hospitality?
If so, apply for our Sous Chef position today!
We are looking for a Sous Chef who is seeking a challenge, and is eager to start learning and leading in a new home! Our management team is made up of hard-working good listeners, who thoughtfully take care of any and all who contribute to the life of The Amsterdam. Our management team is one united team, whether the duties be in the kitchen, bar, or the dining room, we see no departmental barriers. We believe in creating a sense of home for everyone on our team, demonstrated by delivering an even playing field, objective feedback, and the opportunity for growth and career advancement!
• Strong understanding of various service structures, especially fine dining fundamentals
• Excels in all things Organization and Time Management
• Able to demonstrate warmth, creativity, and mental athleticism even in times of stress
• Believes in a team first mentality
• Derives pleasure from offering hospitality
• Is adept at multi-tasking in a high-volume kitchen environment
• Has a fundamental understanding of kitchen management
• Strong communication skills, and able to adapt to context
Our Ideal Candidate Possesses:
• 2 years kitchen management experience, previous prep or line-cook experience required
• Understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills
• Understanding of food safety and sanitation
• A culinary or hospitality degree
• A point of view that is inspired by unique challenges
• An unquenchable love for the culinary world and the hospitality business
• Professional, polished appearance with the ability to interact with all types of team members
Advanced Knife Handling
Food Cost Optimization
Food Safety Knowledge
Other jobs you might be interested in
The Amsterdam is Rhinebeck's newest restaurant, serving modern farm-to-table fare by celebrated Chef Sara Lukasiewicz in a beautifully restored Dutch townhouse across from the historic Beekman Arms Inn. Hudson Valley Magazine says, "Straightforward food and outstanding service are offered in equal parts at Rhinebeck’s new neighborhood hangout," while Rural Intelligence says, "The establishment fits seamlessly — and lovingly — into the Hudson Valley food scene, honoring the foods, ingredients, and the traditions of our area, while offering something unique to diners who care about good, quality food prepared and served with care." The restaurant includes a 16-seat bar and barroom, a dining room with open kitchen, an expansive backyard dining patio, a garden with picnic tables, Adirondack chairs, and a bocce court, and a second floor private dining room.